That Tamat double 34% IP weekend fiasco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

06-01-2012

A lot of people in GD are talking about how he may have been fired, and how out of line he was in talking to the community. A lot of others are also talking about how the community deserved it in a way because of how childish it was acting towards receiving the IP boost.

Am I the only one who really doesn't have any emphathy for Tamat though after seeing how he treated the dominion community earlier? Don't get me wrong, the community can be vicious sometimes, however I would like to see some consequences for how he has previously interacted with the community here.

DiscworldDeath

06-01-2012

You go around looking to create more drama, about such an uninteresting thing? :-/

ooo Sick Boy ooo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2012

maybe he's a cop

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2012

What exactly did this guy do?

Sauron

06-01-2012

He attacked someone and 50% of it splashed to nearby posters.

Oh wait.

RealMEffinTalk

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
In response to some qq'ing about the 34% ip boost, he made a smug comment that a lot of users thought was insulting. When they called him on it, he started banning users that quoted his "joke" (which is why I'm posting on a smurf account) and deleting their comments. When they started posting even faster than he could keep up with, he removed the "joke" from his original post, made some awkward response about how we didn't get the "joke" and basically vanished.

Basically, See: Internet.

FDru

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
Players complained that a 34% bonus was a weak reward for the success and popularity players have given Riot and LoL. He goes on to say something like "if you don't like it, feel free to contact support and we'll remove the IP boost from your account ;)". He promptly deleted it, but it was too late, it's been quoted all over the place by players who saw it. Needless to say: they mad.

Rashidas

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Players complained that a 34% bonus was a weak reward for the success and popularity players have given Riot and LoL. He goes on to say something like "if you don't like it, feel free to contact support and we'll remove the IP boost from your account ". He promptly deleted it, but it was too late, it's been quoted all over the place by players who saw it. Needless to say: they mad.
He actually said "go ahead and complain in this thread, and we'll remove the boost from your account"

That's the key part, as it came off as a threat.

Madkuntt

06-01-2012

So pretty much... There is no reason for the community to get "rewarded" for playing a game they enjoy but when they do, they ***** about how "piss poor" it is... I would of removed the boost to. Fair call to be honest.

Panwar

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkuntt View Post
So pretty much... There is no reason for the community to get "rewarded" for playing a game they enjoy but when they do, they ***** about how "piss poor" it is... I would of removed the boost to. Fair call to be honest.
Goes both ways.

Community = A bunch of ingrates

Tamat = A Lead Community Manager with some lessons to learn in managing a community.