Map Dimensions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evanui

06-01-2012

I want to know the dimensions of the Summoner's Rift map in the same units that are used for move speed, projectile speeds, etc. so that I can get a more solid grasp of the timing of delayed skills.

McDerp

06-01-2012

I want to know how magnets work.

PS. with boots normal speed=380, fast= >400 slow=<375

Projectile speeds are in the thousands. You can find all the info you need by going to the LoL wiki (<-- highlight, right click, search google)

I tried it too when i first started playing the game. I came to the conclusion that i am not a machine, nor of Asian heritage, so those numbers are all just numbers. In the heat of the mid game those numbers are the last thing that will be on your mind. It all comes down to your gamesense of the numbers. Being able to use your gut to tell you if the numbers are in yours or the enemy team's favour. That's what will help.

TeknoWizard

06-01-2012

Or... You could do this a better way. Go into a private match and just try it for yourself. That's what I did when I was trying to learn Nidalee jumps.

Little Boy Nate

06-01-2012

Numbers will not help you, if you are trying to get better at delayed skills, play some games with those champions. Practice will help you much more than:

"Veigar meteor lands after 1.2 seconds assuming you are in range to cast with an x ranged blast radius. The enemy has y movespeed, so if they run in a straight line I can cast my meteor z distance away from them, it will his with y blast radius in case of miscalculation."
That is without including the fact you are playing against a person. The easier way is just stunning them.

If there is a delayed skill then chances are they have another ability to increase their chances of landing it.

Evanui

06-03-2012

@TheCakei8 Ok.

@TeknoWizard seems like there's no other option is there; since no one will give me a straight answer to such a simple question.

@Maxijazz don't assume you know what I'm talking about; and Veigar's has nothing to do with the abilities that I keep in mind. It's a simple question and you read into it even though there's nothing to read into.

When people ask simple questions, can you not simply answer them? No one really cares what you make of them over the internet. I doubt the people in question will even read what I'm writing now and care.

PS. Ezreal & Ashe.

In any case, I did find an answer which was roughly 12800 on the sides and 18100 on the diagonal.

TeknoWizard

06-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanui View Post
When people ask simple questions, can you not simply answer them? No one really cares what you make of them over the internet. I doubt the people in question will even read what I'm writing now and care.
We did give you an answer. We told you that the method you're taking now is a rather inefficient way of figuring out distances. We tried to give you more viable and simpler alternatives. Apart from that, go to Google. That can probably find you what you're looking for.

Evanui

06-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
We did give you an answer. We told you that the method you're taking now is a rather inefficient way of figuring out distances. We tried to give you more viable and simpler alternatives. Apart from that, go to Google. That can probably find you what you're looking for.
Method being posting a question in the game's forums and the only other way being search engines. Those are alternatives for scenarios that YOU came up with; not me. Completely irrelevant. Yes, assume I haven't.

And my previous reply was NOT so long that you should just skim through it.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

Practice generally works far better than calculations.