<<<Idea>>>Evening up AFK Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Technician Tim

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSnafu View Post
the point is to not have ppl go afk in the first place. By giving ur team a reward for someone going afk just leaves way too much room for it to be abused. For example someone is having a bad game and is 0/7 in the first 20 mins then strategically it would be best for the team for that person to go afk, as the reward for them leaving is better then if they stayed, be like giving a burglar 20$ becasue he only stole ur Xbox and not ur TV..
You make a good point but, this is an argument i absolutely hate to use (never use it on a term paper), but people are going to leave anyway. For some reason, some people get kicks out of ruining people's games, why punish 9 people because one is a troll? the aura for having a leaver shouldn't be crazy like +50 AD to everyone or anything, but there should be some kind of bonus to make it seem like 4.5 vs5.

Also, one time i was playing on Twisted Treeline, as morgana, i killed the enemy hermidinger over 10 times. his final ratio was 0/16/2. The rest of his team was also negative, due to my being fed. That hermie pushed into our nexus out of nowhere, and killed the inhibitor, the last tower, and our nexus while their daruis kept is from recalling. Moral of the story, even the crappiest player, who fed SO hard, can make a big change on the game (in a positive way).

DonnFirinne

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharles07 View Post
You make a good point but, this is an argument i absolutely hate to use (never use it on a term paper), but people are going to leave anyway. For some reason, some people get kicks out of ruining people's games, why punish 9 people because one is a troll? the aura for having a leaver shouldn't be crazy like +50 AD to everyone or anything, but there should be some kind of bonus to make it seem like 4.5 vs5.

Also, one time i was playing on Twisted Treeline, as morgana, i killed the enemy hermidinger over 10 times. his final ratio was 0/16/2. The rest of his team was also negative, due to my being fed. That hermie pushed into our nexus out of nowhere, and killed the inhibitor, the last tower, and our nexus while their daruis kept is from recalling. Moral of the story, even the crappiest player, who fed SO hard, can make a big change on the game (in a positive way).
It's not that it's a bad argument to use, it's that it has to be well used to be effective. This is a situation where it is effective. We are on the same page though with it, so no real qualms here.

Your second point, however, is probably the most terrible argument to ever be used. Not to slam you personally, but it is never acceptable to use a single case (or any "small" set of single cases) to prove a point. Anecdotes are not, and never will be, positive proof.

Technician Tim

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnFirinne View Post
It's not that it's a bad argument to use, it's that it has to be well used to be effective. This is a situation where it is effective. We are on the same page though with it, so no real qualms here.

Your second point, however, is probably the most terrible argument to ever be used. Not to slam you personally, but it is never acceptable to use a single case (or any "small" set of single cases) to prove a point. Anecdotes are not, and never will be, positive proof.
oh the last case was kind of a one in a million, but i believe in miracles.

but its nice to know there are other people of high intelligence on these fourms, im just trying to keep this fourm bumped to see if a red will comment on the issue, i know they read almost everything on here.

Leonixxiii

06-01-2012

I agree that death time is the best way to do it... If your 20% easier to be Aced, then you should be 20% faster to recover... However 20% might be too high, and 10%, imo, is too low, so I say 15% for SR, and at least 20-25% for TT.

Can't buff stats as the different Champs, at different times skew the numbers, and being down a Support is not the same as a Carry/Tank... Same with minions as they change with time, and downed Inhibs... Towers too, no point buffing what may not be there, or return.

Technician Tim

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonixxiii View Post
I agree that death time is the best way to do it... If your 20% easier to be Aced, then you should be 20% faster to recover... However 20% might be too high, and 10%, imo, is too low, so I say 15% for SR, and at least 20-25% for TT.

Can't buff stats as the different Champs, at different times skew the numbers, and being down a Support is not the same as a Carry/Tank... Same with minions as they change with time, and downed Inhibs... Towers too, no point buffing what may not be there, or return.
but, like someone else said, if you get 4v5 aced, respawning sooner is unlikely to change anything, you will just die 15% more often..buffing towers might be the way to go *random thought*

Leonixxiii

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharles07 View Post
but, like someone else said, if you get 4v5 aced, respawning sooner is unlikely to change anything, you will just die 15% more often..buffing towers might be the way to go *random thought*
Buffin what may not be there is pointless, or just as useless if your down inhibs.. Getting back sooner means less time the enemy gets to free push... Aced again is a problem all teams face even numbers or not.

theazzyg

06-01-2012

I just thought if you got back quicker, you would at least have a chance to push them back a bit or do some damage. You may get killed quickly again. But it's better then being dead. Some good ideas here