LoL Staff Please Read!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToughRealization

06-04-2012

New maps would be nice, but don't start dishing them out as often as they have a new champs. Don't get me wrong, being able to play different maps would be nice, but even adding a new one twice a year even would be nice.

Karisuchan

06-04-2012

K all you kiddies asking for a new map, stop. You cant just add a new map and expect everything to be fine and dandy. Doesnt work like that. The entire game is based around the original dota map and if you were to change it, there would be major balancing issues.

SatanInDisguise

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisuchan View Post
K all you kiddies asking for a new map, stop. You cant just add a new map and expect everything to be fine and dandy. Doesnt work like that. The entire game is based around the original dota map and if you were to change it, there would be major balancing issues.
This ^

I mean look at what happened with Akali/Hextech Gunblade the moment dominion came out the way dominion was set up with the increased gold and whatnot made it viable for Akali to stack Hextech Gunblade making her practically invincible.

That led to them making the lifesteal/spell vamp on it Unique. That is a small change but if new maps were to be introduced and become popular they would have to balance the game for two maps then three then four meaning that it could take four times as long to release new champs becuase they have to spend months adjusting them to work on the different maps.

However if they made all the maps similar enough to Summoners Rift to mean that balancing wasn't an issue then realistically all that they have done is stick a skin on SR and called it Summoners Cleft.

Godsthumbs520

06-04-2012

+1 again... I have been playing this game constantly since my friend forced me to download it a month ago. A change of scenery would rock my world.

DonnFirinne

06-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanInDisguise View Post
This ^

I mean look at what happened with Akali/Hextech Gunblade the moment dominion came out the way dominion was set up with the increased gold and whatnot made it viable for Akali to stack Hextech Gunblade making her practically invincible.

That led to them making the lifesteal/spell vamp on it Unique. That is a small change but if new maps were to be introduced and become popular they would have to balance the game for two maps then three then four meaning that it could take four times as long to release new champs becuase they have to spend months adjusting them to work on the different maps.

However if they made all the maps similar enough to Summoners Rift to mean that balancing wasn't an issue then realistically all that they have done is stick a skin on SR and called it Summoners Cleft.
They can still make new maps and modes without throwing everything out of balance. They worked on that with Dominion by changing gold/xp rates and removing/adding some items. They could do the same for any new map, making it much simpler to balance champs.

FROSTY3

Recruiter

06-04-2012

Absolutely! That point is completely valid, and I think a lot of us would be willing to wait awhile for new champions to come out. As for the balancing issues, that's something that will always happen no matter what the change is to the game, so it's just something that would have to be worked through in time. Besides, you never know how it will work out till you try it :3 Everything that everyone has said here is completely valid, and when we bring all of these ideas/drawbacks together, that's when we get the best outcome.

I'm glad everyone is noticing this thread ^.^ keep it going!

FROSTY3

Recruiter

07-01-2012

So, if you've read the previous posts, then you know that we've talked about Riot games putting up the Proving Grounds as a playable map, and if you've played a custom game recently, then you most likely know that it is now available!!! Even that gameplay is different on this map, and I'm really glad they made it available. Thanks Riot Games!