View's on Maokai jungle ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WPWWCharlie

05-31-2012

So I used to jungle with Maokai whenever I my team would need a jungle , I found it pretty fast getting through jungle and decent on the ganks .

until i was teamed with a person who insisted on top he had a horrible CS and always had his lane push pretty much to the enemy tower he got ganked countless time and blamed me for it and he just sat there saying Jungle maokai is horrible! i ended up with almost triple his creep score and more kills and assists .

What do you guys think of Jungle Maokai

guy6020665

05-31-2012

Don't know about jungle maokai but it sounds like that summoner just had a bad experience with jungle maokai. I had a similar experience jungling with warwick and was constantly being yelled at in game by someone who kept saying that warwick was the absolute worst jungler in the game and called me very imaginative names for using him.

Idk, I personally don't like maokai's lack of sustain as a jungler, but he is really good with ganks. W stun, Q knock upwards, and then E if they manage to run away for an extra hit.

WPWWCharlie

05-31-2012

Really a summoner said jungle Warwick with the absolute worst jungler ? , id put Warwick in my top 3 junglers he has the sustain and Ive some incredible ganks from Warwick players .

Alumenlux

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPWWCharlie View Post
Really a summoner said jungle Warwick with the absolute worst jungler ? , id put Warwick in my top 3 junglers he has the sustain and Ive some incredible ganks from Warwick players .
Hardly a bad jungler but hardly top 3, ganks are doable with boots/red/e but comparatively bad pre-6. Jungle clear speed is bad compared to Lee/Shyv/Mundo/Skarner/etc and they can sustain just as well. Generally his build doesn't include gp5 so you're behind late game. Warwick is probably better top laner than jungler.

OT: support tank jungle (as opposed to say.. Fiddlesticks) is the current accepted meta for higher level play so nothing wrong with Maokai. He's best as a counter pick against AoE when it comes to team synergy (pick Maokai against a Kennen top and Karthus mid or something like that).

Savackz

06-01-2012

He is a good jungler with semi-good clear speeds with his hatchling things. His ganks are good because of 2 CC's. Late game, his ult reduces damage by a lot. I love him, personally. Never goes wrong. His mana without blue buff is a problem though.

Joshmvii7

06-01-2012

I love Maokai jungle. Great ganks, and his ult is sweet in team fights.

Little Boy Nate

06-01-2012

Strong ganks, decent sustain if you can spam your abilities to proc passive. Awesome utility and his ultimate in team fights can really turn it around. Lacks the superbaws clear speed of some other junglers and is kinda blue dependant for the first levels, if its taken from him it is going to be a rough time.

Dexteryus

06-01-2012

You got one of those "I'm doing bad because of my jungler" solo tops. Just don't listen to them and move on.

TeknoWizard

06-01-2012

The "pros" seem to regard him as one of the top junglers in the game, right up there with Udyr and Shyvanna. He is however difficult. But the the good Maokai junglers I've seen have just done amazing.

hoolian

01-12-2013

he has crazy jungle sustain and teamfight sustain with his passive. can't count how many times i can initiate a teamfight and finish it with near 100% health from all the spells flying around. i can clear blu, wolves, wraits, red , golems, wraiths again, and then wolves again only using 4 pots