Multitude of errors!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sheik Steampunk

10-29-2009

Hi.
I've been experiencing quite a few errors ever since I downloaded and started playing LoL.

1) Even though I've added LoL to my firewall's trusted programs list, I still can never open it until I fully disable it (I'm using Comodo firewall.)

2)I read of people having problems while choosing their Champions. I cant even do that! When I click play -> practice -> and so on, just before I can get to the Champion select screen, I get a Maestro Error. Everytime. But I can see the timer before the game starts, and if I dont click on the 'OK' when the error appears and the countdown ends, the game starts and I get some random Champion. This sometimes occurs through my profile screen as well when I'm viewing Champions/Spells/Masteries etc. Also happened the one time I actually joined a game that someone hosted - the second the Champion select screen came up it showed me the error.

3)After above said game starts, and finishes, the program crashes. So I need to manually restart LoL.

Here are all the logs requires (hope I haven't missed on anything)

reapermaster

10-29-2009

Sheik, do you have the exceptions to applications or ports?

ports 8370 - 8400 are used for maestro communication. I believe its TCP, but I am not 100% sure.

Try opening that range for both in and outbound. Its process to process talking so I am not sure if there is a specific profile you need to setup. Unfortunately I am unfamiliar wit comodo.

Also try disableling your anti-virus while you play.

Sheik Steampunk

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapermaster View Post
Sheik, do you have the exceptions to applications or ports?

ports 8370 - 8400 are used for maestro communication. I believe its TCP, but I am not 100% sure.

Try opening that range for both in and outbound. Its process to process talking so I am not sure if there is a specific profile you need to setup. .
Well I just tried that on Comodo, and I was able to define a port set so I will try launching the game again and lets see how it works.

But what about the recurring Champion select screen error?

Sheik Steampunk

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik Steampunk View Post
Well I just tried that on Comodo, and I was able to define a port set so I will try launching the game again and lets see how it works.

But what about the recurring Champion select screen error?

I tried with the port settings as you suggested. No change at all. Fresh logs attached.

reapermaster

10-30-2009

im gonna have to leave it to riot to interpret the logs on that one. I have an idea.... but not sure I am correct.

If you are using a wireless connection try going wired....

Sheik Steampunk

10-30-2009

No, im not on wireless Thanks mate! Hope Riot can help me out on this one