[Video]Jungler Evelynn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

biomorph

08-22-2010

After reading this guide I got inspired to try it out.

I did some tweaks on it to fit my own personal preferences and then I decided out of a whim to try and FRAPS it in a practice game.

So here is a way you can jungle with Eve (explanation in comments section):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5cEeN-Uxtg

Feedback greatly appreciated.

PS: I'm no great video maker in face this is my first attempt at frapsing.

Triumph XD

08-22-2010

Cool video, not exactly usefull because eve isn't the *best* choice ever, but it works. One thing though, you move a little slow when you jungle. Try to be moving as soon as you finish killing the last creep in the camp - you need to be fast when you jungle for many reasons.

Also, were it to be a real game, always make sure you dont look at just your target location, but instead follow your person so you dont get ganked without realizing it ( happens way too often to me.)

Hvalfjörður

08-22-2010

i play jungle eve all the time... I'd recommend trying to gank right after hitting level 3...which should be before or at the same time mid lane hits level 3... usually one of the lanes could easily get a gank if you go in for the kill.

biomorph

08-22-2010

@Triumph:
Good points. But with regards to the *best* choice, perhaps I'm biased but it depends on who you are playing with. For example I play with a buddy who likes to play Singed. I just stay patient and await for hell to break loose and I know that there will come that inevitable flip. I have scored so many frags this way. Eve is good at bursting enemies and she does this better than most. I always play eve like this and overall I do very well.

@Twinkachu:
I'll try the lvl 3 gank. The point with waiting for lvl 4 is that you have a stealth (surprise) and a ravage that actually hurts them.

Lorifel

08-22-2010

I always try to jungle when I play Eve. Here is my feedback:

- In your video you operate at extremely low HP which is bad. Sometimes you will be attacked by other junglers. Being below 100 HP you have zero chances to escape.

- You can try to speed up your jungling by taking Improved Smite + Fortify (yes, the +9 AD passive works on jungle monsters too), Armour Pen runes (these are not a bad choice because about 1/2 of Eve's damage is physical from autoattacks and Lich Bane) and Doran's Shield or Ring.

- Building Madred's -> Wriggle's Lantern may be an interesting path to try. Even if you are not going to build an AD Eve the lantern is still one of the most cost effective items in this game.

Good luck in your experiments!
Oh, and try jungling with Xin Zhao once for a change. Just to know the difference between a good jungler and... well, Eve. =)

biomorph

08-22-2010

Oh this is no means an experiment.

This is generally how I do it and I have done so with great success many games over. I have yet to be ganked by a enemy jungler however I have ganked a few my self. But I shall agree that the low HP is risky.

The point is not to jungle ever so effectively but effectively enough AND to level up in a safer setting. And buying the items you mention will cripple general item progression as you do not farm tons of gold.

I have this philosophy that either you play AP eve or not at all. I am just not impressed by any other builds.

I have tried effective no brainer junglers like shaco, udyr, ww and fiddle however there is absolutely no challenge or anything to discuss they are fail safe apart from the fact that you will likely get company as you try to get blue buff.

biomorph

08-23-2010

Meh, seems I'm only feeding the Eve haters something to down vote ;(

Lorifel

08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomorph View Post
The point is not to jungle ever so effectively but effectively enough AND to level up in a safer setting. And buying the items you mention will cripple general item progression as you do not farm tons of gold.

I have this philosophy that either you play AP eve or not at all. I am just not impressed by any other builds.
Yes, points taken. That's perhaps where I fail with jungling Eve. I become too obsessed with making her jungling effective, and forget that her strongest point is early game ganking. I guess I have yet to find optimal balance between making my jungling effective and not ruining my ganks.

Too bad I am too obsessed with Xin as my new main champion to do all the testing right now. =) Anyways, your video and thoughts on the matter are very much appreciated.

malphismia

08-23-2010

I actually read the same guide, bought Eve, and tried jungling. I've jungling with like half the champs , so I know how to jungle efficiently. This is the best way to do it (avoiding ganks):

Buy HP Ruby Crystal. Go to mini-golems (they spawn much faster than lizard/golem). Smite right away to get cooldown off. Q until everything dies. Level 2. Pick Ravage (E). Recall. Buy 3 HP pots, will last the rest of jungling. Golem should be up now.

Now go to golem, Ravage from behind, spam (Q) and pot right away. Smite should come off cooldown halfway. Smite Golem. Finish mini wolves camp. HP pot. Level 3. Pick Ravage.

Go to lizard. Smite is off cooldown. Ravage from behind, spam (Q), and pot. Finish up camp.

Go to minigolems, they should have respawned. Ravage and (Q). You only need to finish 1 golem to level to 4. Recall and gank with Lizard buff. Start laning from now, going back to jungle only to get Golem/Lizard buffs.

Turn Ruby Crystal --> Haunting Guise, or if you want Catalyst --> RoA

I use Armor Quints, Marks, Seals, and Flat Mana glyphs. This is the only way you will not have to recall a bazillion times.

Your Magicpen Marks runes won't help jungle, plus you already have MR reduction from Ravage, plus you turn Ruby Crystal --> Haunting guise for 20 more magic pen.

Trust me, this is the best progression yet without being a fail jungler. If you jungle faster, you will gank faster, get firstblood, that kill will net you 400 gold will negate the whole cost value of your caster marks and seals alone. If you stick with your caster runes, you will jungle slow, be outleveled, and at level 18 your runes won't help you from being dominated.

biomorph

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
Your Magicpen Marks runes won't help jungle, plus you already have MR reduction from Ravage, plus you turn Ruby Crystal --> Haunting guise for 20 more magic pen.
I might actually try this one. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
Trust me, this is the best progression yet without being a fail jungler. If you jungle faster, you will gank faster, get firstblood, that kill will net you 400 gold will negate the whole cost value of your caster marks and seals alone. If you stick with your caster runes, you will jungle slow, be outleveled, and at level 18 your runes won't help you from being dominated.
First of all I do not want to depend on getting first blood. There is no guarantuee it will work. And I'd like to stress that I am NOT underlevelled this is also because I do manage to get a few ganks in and follow up by clearing creeps before hopping into jungle again. I have my magic pen runes so that my initial ravage early game can deal more pain. Finally I have yet to fail this way. I have some ~3.0 KDA ratio on average and this is also with lost games.