[[Champion suggestion]] Katil, the versatile

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nazrethim

05-31-2012

Esta version esta en ingles, para una version en espaņol seguir el enlace:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3060854

Katil, the versatile

Lore:
Katil was born in Ionia. Since he was a child he always observed his hero, Master Yi. He wanted to learn the wuju, but he was to shy to ask for Master Yi’s tutelage. However, He secretly trained on his own by imitating Yi’s training.
When the noxian invasion began, Master Yi departed to fight. Katil, now a teenager, was eager to fight alongside with his hero, but he was to young to become a soldier. A little disappointed he continued training, even harder than before, until the day the chemist Singed attacked the village. Katil wanted to fight, but his parents ordered him to take the family’s armblades and run away. After the disaster, he began a journey, always training to become stronger, always planning his revenge.
During his travel he found a mysterious warrior. Katil challenged him to a duel, but no matter how many times he tried to defeat his opponent he was unable to do so. The mysterious warrior’s defensive technique was so effective that Katil asked the warrior to train him. The mysterious warrior accepted for reasons unknown. After a few months of training Katil felt ready to avenge his family. His master recommended him to go to the institute of war, to fight against the responsible of his pain. Before leaving, the master asked him a little favor: to give his greetings to his last student, the warrior who fights with a lamppost.
“I’m not invincible, I’m just well trained”-Katil

Stats:
Damage: 10/10
Health: 5/10
Ability Power: 0/10
Difficulty: 10/10

Attributes:
Melee, Assassin, Fighter

Skills:
-Retaliation (passive)

Katil has a 6/12/18/24/30% chance to make a counterstrike after being attacked. The damage and effect of the counterattack depends of the battle stance. Only works with champions
Aggressive: Deals 40/55/70/85/100+0.5 AD true damage and reduce attacker’s armor 15% for 5sec (doesn’t stack)
Defensive: Deals 40/45/50/55/60+0.3 physical damage and pulls the target 250 units away stunning it for 1sec
Tactical: Deals 40/50/60/70/80+0.4 physical damage and cripples the target reducing his attack speed by 10% for 3.5sec
Without battle stance it will only have 5% chance deal Katil's attack damage
Cooldown: 2sec

-Blade assault (Q):
Katil dashes in a line with his arms extended, dealing physical damage (45/55/65/75/85 + 50% katil’s attack damage) to the enemies touched by the arm blades. In the end of the path, Katil crosses his arm blades dealing (55/65/75/85/95 + 80% Katil’s AD) physical damage to the enemies affected and causing bonus effects depending on katil’s current battle stance.
Aggressive: Enemies affected by the last hit start to bleed, taking (10/15/20/25/30) damage per second for 5sec.
Defensive: Enemies affected by the last hit are pulled 250 units away from Katil and he blocks the next basic attack or spell (this chance last for 2sec)
Tactical: Enemies affected by the last hit have their armor and movement speed reduced by 3/6/9/12/15% for 3sec
NOTE: without battle stance, this ability won’t have a bonus effect!
Cooldown: 10sec
Range: 800 units

-Preparation (W):
Katil prepare his mind and body for the next confrontation, empowering himself for 7sec. The buff depends of the stance.
Aggressive: Katil gains bloodlust, increasing his attack speed (7/14/21/28/35%) and gaining 15% life steal.
Defensive: Katil gains Iron will, increasing his armor and magic resist by 4/8/12/6/20% his attack damage.
Tactical: Katil gains Focus, giving him 5/7/9/11/13% critical chance and crippling his enemies on every attack reducing their movement speed by 5% for 3.5sec
Without battle stance this ability will only increase Katil's attack damage and armor by 10%
Cooldown: 20sec
Casting time: 2sec

-Battle stance (E):
Due to the different fighting styles Katil has learned, he can adapt himself to different situations. This is a toggle ability and has 3 stances, each one with different passive improvements. Katil’s abilities are modified by the stances.
Default stance is Tactical.
Aggressive: Katil has 5/10/15/20/25% increased attack damage and 15/20/25/30/35% chance to deal +50% bonus damage on basic attacks. But increases damage taken by 55/50/45/40/35%
Defensive: Katil takes 6/12/18/24/30% reduced damage from basic attacks and has 5/10/15/20/25% chance to dodge basic attacks, but reduces Katil’s attack damage by 75/65/55/45/35%
Tactical: Katil has 2/4/6/8/10% increased attack damage, takes 3/6/9/12/15% reduced damage from basic attacks and 2/4/6/8/10% bonus movement speed.
Cooldown: 5sec

-Assassination (R):
Katil jumps to an enemy champion dealing damage. Cannot be used in defensive stance. In aggressive stance this ability has 50% chance to miss if the target is attacked from the front.

Aggressive: Deals 250/350/450 true damage. If the target’s health is below 10/15/20% the target is killed instantly.
Defensive: N/A
Tactical: Deals 200/300/400 physical damage to the target.
Without battle stance this will deal 150/175/200 physical damage to the target.
Cooldown: 60sec
Casting time: 1.5sec
Range:800 units
NOTE: due to the high potential of this champion, his ultimate doesn't receive any extra damage from AD or AP
Statistics.

Damage 53 (+3 /per level)
Health 450 (+75/ per level)
Mana 0 (+0/ per level)
Move speed 350
Armor 15 (+3/ per level)
Spell Block 30 (+1.25/ per level)
Health Regen 7 (0.6/ per level)
Mana Regen 0 (+0/ per level)

Description:
Katil’s age is between 18 and 25 years. He wears a white gabardine without buttons, a black shirt, black pants, silver greaves, black velvet gloves whose finger parts are claw-like and he has two arm blades. He also wears a steel black mask covering half face. He stands firm with his left arm risen, pointing upward. When he is in combat he moves his left hand in front of his right shoulder and then he make a transversal cut (basic attack). When he deals critical damage, he stabs his target with both arm blades and then quickly taking them out opening his arms at both sides.
Now I will explain how the abilities are supposed to work.
Retaliation: Katil spins in his current position attacking with his arm blades the same target.
Blade assault: this is targeted ability, similar to Shen’s dash. The difference is the next, when you activate this ability, two parallel lines appear (because Katil dashes with his arms extended, so the units in the path he actually travels aren’t harmed) and a small cone in the end, linking them (that is the area of the last hit, remember he crosses his arm blades in the end). Katil won't stop until he reaches the end of the path, so you have to aim carefully.
Preparation: Katil kneels with his right knee on the floor and the getting up.
Battle stance: Katil crosses his arms in front of his neck and the returning to normal position.
The blades should shine in a different color depending of which battle stance is activated (red for aggressive, blue for defensive and white for tactical)
Assassination: Katil jumps like pantheon and, upon impact with the target, stab him with his arm blades.

The images below show how his weapon and mask should look like and how the ability "blade assault should work.

xXbrianGTXx

05-31-2012

I hope this champion to be added soon XD

Quote:
-Assassination (R):
Katil jumps to an enemy champion dealing damage. Cannot be used in defensive stance. In aggressive stance this ability has 50% chance to miss if the target is attacked from the front.
this is something new, an ultimate that can miss

Gjom

06-23-2012

This champion is pretty awesome man. Very well thought out. I'm glad it's on my review page. And I apologize for taking so long to get to it. I had real life issues I had to take care of.

But I really like the ultimate. The true damage seemed a little over-powered but then I looked and you could **** yourself over so hard because defensive stance screws this guy sometimes. xD
DEFENSIVE = NO ULT.
And I like how in Aggressive it can miss.
But uh, with the executing them if they're 25% or less.. That's a little much. Maybe 20% or even 15%.

That's all I have for negative comments, otherwise. Well done.

MrMuscle

06-23-2012

nice work dude... i love it and hope they ll add your champion soon

xXbrianGTXx

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjom View Post
This champion is pretty awesome man. Very well thought out. I'm glad it's on my review page. And I apologize for taking so long to get to it. I had real life issues I had to take care of.

But I really like the ultimate. The true damage seemed a little over-powered but then I looked and you could **** yourself over so hard because defensive stance screws this guy sometimes. xD
DEFENSIVE = NO ULT.
And I like how in Aggressive it can miss.
But uh, with the executing them if they're 25% or less.. That's a little much. Maybe 20% or even 15%.

That's all I have for negative comments, otherwise. Well done.
Hello, I'm Nazrethim. I'm using my friend's account due to troubles with my own.
First of all, thank you for your colaboration ^^

The stance not only screw his ultimate, but the entire champion if you stop to think about it. i.e. you are facing Yi AD in defensive you will deal less damage and in agressive he will tear you apart in a few hits because o the damage and defense reduction respecively. Katil seems OP at first sight, but if you can imagine him in combat it would be an annoying champion. Very difficult. ^^

Nazrethim

07-22-2012

Hello everyone, I’ve just recovered my account so I will fix the abilities of my champions to make them more balanced.
First of all, I want to thank you for your collaboration.
For practical purposes I decided to edit the main post and show the changes in commentaries like this. Now I will explain the changes I’ve made on Katil.

R: Assassination
-Instant kill health % required reduced to 10/15/20% instead of 25% for all levels.

Statefreak

08-08-2012

I think this champion is really freaking cool, except the W basically. The W needs to have some sort of effect without Battle Stance. When you force moves to not be usable without other moves, it takes away choice. You have the illusion of choice, you CAN pick a move that doesn't work, you CAN train just the Q and W, but that would be so stupid that most people wouldn't do it. If you give the W something so that it is usable without Battle Stance, then people can make the choice. Of course you would like to pick Battle Stance and level it often, but some builds might not use Battle Stance until later in the game. I would say the same about the ultimate, except not being able to use it in defensive stance is such a huge part of it. Interesting champion though.

Nazrethim

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statefreak View Post
I think this champion is really freaking cool, except the W basically. The W needs to have some sort of effect without Battle Stance. When you force moves to not be usable without other moves, it takes away choice. You have the illusion of choice, you CAN pick a move that doesn't work, you CAN train just the Q and W, but that would be so stupid that most people wouldn't do it. If you give the W something so that it is usable without Battle Stance, then people can make the choice. Of course you would like to pick Battle Stance and level it often, but some builds might not use Battle Stance until later in the game. I would say the same about the ultimate, except not being able to use it in defensive stance is such a huge part of it. Interesting champion though.
You're right about the W, will fix that. Howerver I will not change the ultimate in that aspect because one must be very dump to not add at least a point to battle stance.
Thank you for your collaboration ^^

Nazrethim

11-01-2012

The following changes have been made to Katil:
-Preparation: added a buff for when there is no battle stance
- Fixed some things in the lore

Nazrethim

12-01-2012

Changes made to Katil. Date December 1 2012
-Retaliation: Added effect when you dont have battle stance
-Retaliation: now scales with AD
-Blade assault: Reduced cooldown to 10sec for all levels, previous CD 30/25/20/15/10sec
-Preparation: Reduced cooldown to 40/35/30/25/20sec from 60/56/52/48/44sec