[Champion Concept] Oteph - the Flying Beast...with artwork...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leo Tomita

05-31-2012

Attachment 451145Attachment 565081
Attachment 650780Yuchenghong

Attachment 536021
Innate - Deathclaw Pincer: Oteph uses his pincers to damage his foes, increasing critical damage in 5, 7.5, 10, 12.5%. Grows at lvl 6, 11, 16.

Attachment 536023
Q - Ground Spikes: Oteph carves both hands on the ground making rock spikes pops up in a line, at the end of the line in a small AoE bigger spikes comes out stunnig enemies. As bigger the line is, smaller the AoE stun will be. At melee range Ground Spikes deal no damage but increase the stun amount.

Minimal Damage: 0
Maximum Damage: 75, 90, 105, 120, 135 (+ 0.5 AD + 1.0 AP)
Minimal Stun: 0
Maximum Stun: 3 seconds
Minimal AoE Radius: 0
Maximum AoE Radius: 400 units
Minimal Range: 0
Maximum Range:1000
Cooldown: 25
Mana Cost: 50, 70, 90, 110, 130.

Attachment 536014
W - Shock Sclerites (passive) The hard chitin skin of Oteph provides him the ability to harm enemies who enter in contact with it.
(active) Oteph claps his wings for a little, charging foward a bit and slowing every unit is behind him in a cone.

Charge: 300 units
Slow: 10, 15, 20, 25, 30% in a 200 unit length and 160 width.(did i spell the words correctly?)
Damage Returned: 10, 12.5, 15, 17.5, 20% as Magical Damage.
Bonus Mana: 100, 125, 150, 175, 200% total armor. (more Armor = more Mana)

Attachment 536022
E - Starve: Oteph enters in a frenzy for few seconds, attacking everything in his path. Afer killing a unit, Oteph regain part of the energy scattered.

Damage: 30, 50, 70, 90, 110 (+0.4 AD and AP)
Duration: 3 seconds
Mana Recovered: 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 per enemy slain, halved for minions.
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Mana Cost: 50

Attachment 470108
"Here It Comes!"After few seconds preparing, Oteph open his wings and start to fly, increasing his Movement speed greatly, but also increase damage taken while flying. And, when he lands damage is dealed, slowing and give bonus damage by how much mana he spends flying.
ex: Teemo's shrooms, nidalee and cait traps, Morgana's tormented soil cannot hit him while flying

Damage: 100, 150, 200 (+20, 50, 80 per 50, 120, 190 mana spended )
MS Boost: 40, 60, 80% total Movement Speed.
Damage Taken Increased: 30, 20, 10 %
Slow (when lands): 25, 35, 45% in 300 AoE.
Cooldown: 15, 10, 5 seconds
Mana Cost: 30% total mana to activate, 10% total mana per second or until deactivated.

Quote:
Statistics
Health: 6/10
Damage: 7/10
Spell: 6/10
Dificulty: 8/10

Quote:
Base Stats:
Health: 480 (+80) = 1920
Health Regen: 7 (+0.5) = 16
Mana: 250 (+50) = 1150
Mana Regen: 7 (+1) = 16
Attack Damage: 55 (+3) = 109
Attack Speed: 0.638 (+3%) = 0.98
Armor: 18 (+3.5) = 81
Magic Res: 30 (+1) = 48
Range: 130
Mov. Speed: 330
Leo Tomita Index Page

Lyria Eternal

05-31-2012

I witness this.

----------

Oteph seems to be fairly balanced in terms of abilities and scale. My only question is about the base stats for him. Otherwise I see him as a support tank as his abilities are mostly about cc, and initiating.

Leo Tomita

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesofTerror View Post
I witness this.

----------

Oteph seems to be fairly balanced in terms of abilities and scale. My only question is about the base stats for him. Otherwise I see him as a support tank as his abilities are mostly about cc, and initiating.
lol i forgot to put the base stats....

Lyria Eternal

06-01-2012

Alright, I can mark this with my seal of approval.

-------------

I would enjoy seeing a new tanky-support.

Leo Tomita

06-05-2012

needing feedback!!!

egotralala

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2012

live to serve the lich king!

Hephaestus2

07-02-2012

First of all I like the pictures since it gives a better idea of what the abilities look like, All i can think of it needing is the simple stuff like a backstory and quotes.

Terratr0n

07-02-2012

Nice bruiser concept.

I think this champion would be best at hit and run style fighting. It's skill set just yearns guerrilla style, heh.

with it's W, the angle should say what direction it is in, because width would suggest circular AOE not conic AOE like this spell. But from previous threads I know english isn't your first language but GJ anyways .

The ultimate concept I really enjoy imagining. I can see it running down river from top after pushing to build up that damage for the mid gank. just for that you get a + 1.
Also, great concept on ignoring static entity spells like traps and boxes.

Overall interesting concept and skill set. Not to rigged, and fits nicely in it's role.

Leo Tomita

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terratr0n View Post
with it's W, the angle should say what direction it is in, because width would suggest circular AOE not conic AOE like this spell. But from previous threads I know english isn't your first language but GJ anyways .
my english sucks azz..but u didnt follow the lead on the W skill..."Oteph flap his wings a little"... wings are located on his back rigth?...so when he do it..(like Graves or Vayne)...he steps FOWARD...and the enemies BEHIND him are slowed..because of the wind formed by his wings flapping

Deleven

07-04-2012

I really like this idea thematically, but i have some critisism on your passive and ult.

I am curious how you would plan on building this character, my normal build for a bruiser doesn't include building crit chance until late game, so i wouldn't make any use of his passive.

the damage taken increase on his ult is bad and counter productive, this character would be trying to initiate but would be taken out before he reached his target, in addition the spell makes him MORE vulerable as he levels the skill up as opposed to making him less vulnerable, people would opt to only take 1 point in the skill and never level it up again.

also having his ult avoid a couple skills is really frustrating to play against and a gimmiky mechanic. we already have a few champions that float, such as galio and malzahar, and they still get hit by ground based spells, so here there would be inconsistency. when it comes to these mechanics, he needs to avoid a pre-defined subset of spells or avoid none at all.

The mana costs on the ult should be looked at too. he can at max fly for 7 seconds, and then he's out of mana. it seems redundent to have a spell on such a low cooldown that can effectively only be used twice in a small amount of time.

Looking at the ults damage, the damage of the ult is almost unchanging as he levels the skill up. lets say the champ uses 2000 mana on his ultimate, and then look at the damage he is doing.
- lvl 1 - 100 + (20*2000)/50 = 900
- lvl 2 - 150 + (50*2000)/120 = 983.3
- lvl 3 - 200 + (80*2000)/190 = 1042.1
the ~150 change in damage in nice, but it does not feel impactful. this is more incentive along with the damage taken increase not to level the skill up. you will also realize that most of the bonus damage is coming from the flat values and not the damage/mana values, you may consider changing the inner workings of this damage formula.

thats about all i have, i quite enjoy this champ despite how i may come accross