Issues with non-english speakers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Essenickehmeu

05-31-2012

As many of you might have noticed, despite playing on the NA server, there are quite a lot of players that are UNABLE to speak english, or, speak in a way it's not possible to understand without taking your time to figure it out, which is a major problem considering you usually don't have time to pay much attention on the chat.

I would like to request riot to implement any form "test" to see if the player is actually able to communicate with his/her team, since unlike MMOs, in RTS you WILL need your team's support, and that's impossible to have without communication between teammates.

PS: I'm not even from NA myself :l

Zeno666

05-31-2012

You're mistaking unable to communicate with too lazy to communicate.

I doubt they would play this game, figure out champ skills, buy items and other various things without the faintest grasp on the English language..

They choose to ignore you. Or ignore you for members of their premades who speak their native tongue.

Essenickehmeu

05-31-2012

Even if they know that skill x does that and skill y does this, doesn't mean they know how to communicate. I have already played with chinese people that would only speak chinese, and nothing else, and memorizing what a skill does doesn't imply they can communicate either. There have been several matches that i lost due to people refusing/not knowing how to speak english, and failing to communicate with the team.

Also, knowing item abilities and skill effects is obviously not enough to talk to your team, hence why "refusing to cumminicate with team" is there as a reportable reason. I just feel like it's dumb that i have to report 1-3 people EVERY SINGLE MATCH. (either didn't communicate, or unskilled, or left game/afk).

Dudleydino

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

Why blame them, learn to speak portuguese.

QuelThalion

05-31-2012

Eh? Seriously? Learn Portuguese? Not sure if troll...

Essenickehmeu

05-31-2012

I do speak fluently a total of 4 languages, portuguese and english included. The problem is, i can't read nor understand cyrilic or chinese characters (even katakana/hiragana i can understand a little), but that's not the issue. It gets really, really frustrating when you lose so many times in a row simply because your team can't/refuses to comunicate. Reporting them does help, but, do i really have to report every single player that doesn't talk, makes me lose 20-60 minutes of my day for nothing, and in the end, probably won't even be punished?

If i have to go trough this, i might aswell just do the same and keep throwing away matches, just for the lulz.

Snowwobbler

05-31-2012

Quebicans speak French
Hispanics speak Spanish

Learn those languages or use google translate when ur dead. English is NOT a requirement to play in a game...

Essenickehmeu

05-31-2012

I also speak spanish, and i can understand french. Never saw anyone speaking french in LoL though.

Snowwobbler

05-31-2012

True... though Quebec and New Orleans is compared to the whole North America

The Nabe Shogun

05-31-2012

I'm from Quebec and most of us can communicate well in english.