Should Riot adjust Characters for Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mrfishii

05-31-2012

I think some champions do need their adjust to dominion, because dominion only came last year, none of the champions before were made for a game such as Dominion. I don't see Riot doing anything, unless they have like a "patch season" (not the legit season, just a time period like a season) where they fix everything because they would have to fix like 30 champs and could take a very very long time(I hope they actually do this after their 100th champ x,x)

Kwynt

05-31-2012

Nunu is a hard counter to Yorick and Heimendinger bottom; consume eats up ghosts and turrets.

It's fun to counter the Yorick players with Nunu, especially how he is often seen as an insta-win bot champ. All of the sudden you just counter-pick with an unpopular champion, and force him to eat his own ****.

Nunu makes Yorick players rage.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwynt View Post
Nunu is a hard counter to Yorick and Heimendinger bottom; consume eats up ghosts and turrets.

It's fun to counter the Yorick players with Nunu, especially how he is often seen as an insta-win bot champ. All of the sudden you just counter-pick with an unpopular champion, and force him to eat his own ****.

Nunu makes Yorick players rage.
Only a hard counter to Heim. Yorick still has two extra ghouls and far more pressure than Nunu.

There is a period of time after you get your Frozen Heart that he's your *****, but that just means they send someone bot to gank.

Nunu as a bot laner is strange. He's very item based, and he only works during certain periods of the game against certain characters.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

League has three maps... Look at them all and then see what they balance the champions around, Summoners Rift. Should Riot adjust characters per map? In short, yes. If they wanted TT and Dom to be taken seriously, but they don't, because people only play SR competetively. Sadly, I think Dominion has a great chance at becoming the next big Esport, but there is nothing we could do to help that if Riot won't help us. They need to make some serious changes to some champions before anyone will take this mode seriously. Unfortunately, I don't think they will be doing that. They are killing their own game mode they created.

Kohelet

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaxtenn View Post
Nunu is not bad in Dominion.

Max rank Consume and 1 autoattack (2 autoattacks later in the game) will kill a tank minion. What's significant about that? It lets you push. Consume has 1:1 AP scaling on its heal, on top of a base heal of ~300. Consume deals 900 damage, to which spellvamp applies.

Blood Boil buffs an allied autoattacker with 65% attack speed. That is a lot. Because it lasts 15s on a 15s cooldown, taking a single rank in BB means you don't need to upgrade your boots until you want to.

Ice Blast has 1:1 AP scaling, chunky base damage, and a low cooldown. It slows by a murderous 60% for 4 seconds. Add some CDR and you can perma-slow someone and fly them like a kite while you chunk them down with successive snowballs.

Absolute Zero is hard to use. That's because when you use it well, it kills people extremely hard. It has 2.5:1 AP scaling, on a base _1125_ damage if you get the full channel. That sounds like a big number. It is. Absolute Zero can one-shot people who don't build defensively, and cut in half the health bars of people who do. Wait for your opponent to use their flash, their stun, their blink, then run up right next to them (BB and Ice Blast let you do this) and make it snow.

Finally, Nunu has high base tanky values. He hits ~2400 health at level 18. This is 500-600 more than some champions.

Nunu is not Panth/Poppy/Kass/Darius-tier. Few champions are. He's still a good pick if you know what you're doing - which is the state of balance all champions should ideally exist at. He can lane top or bot. He does well in 1v1s and 4v4s.

To play Nunu well you need to play to his strengths. I don't want to spell out a build, but what you don't need is a ROA. What you do need is 30-40% CDR, some mana or mana regen to ease you through the early levels, as much AP as your yeti can carry, and as much or as little health, armour, and MR as you feel like you need.

have not gone into any AD Nunu build options. This is not because they do not work.

Moon-krug, and good luck.

PS I posted this into the other thread by mistake.
His snowball kite sucks thought because of it's short range.

550 is crazy low. Darius can Apprehend you and global you, same with Jax or Kat etc.

Champs like Gangplank can get you from 625 and have a better heal.

Consume is just really bad in Dominion imho.

MyDeadGrandma

05-31-2012

Probably just better to remake 90% of the items from summoner's rift and work from there.

Verarticus

06-01-2012

I would like some custom "class" auras...as opposed to everyone gets the same thing -.-

Tanks would get damage reduction %, assassins would get move speed and a % damage increase, ad carries would get some armor pen and more attack speed(or something like that), AP casters would get AP and max mana(or something), Supports would get cooldown reduction and boosted healing, bruisers would get more health.

Just something to help make "classes" and balancing for the mode that would not make EVERY champ have two stat changes.

Redenbacher

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
Probably just better to remake 90% of the items from summoner's rift and work from there.
I think this is a better approach. Tweak the items and the global aura, not the champions - that's a nightmare.

You could fix a few issues by removing tear, or significantly reduce it's mana cap. Reduce mana on items across the board. Now you've nerfed Ryze, Kassadin. Gave Blitz a slug, but he'll still be powerful.

Remove boots of mobility, cap movespeed. There goes half the issues of Rammus, and he's in-line with other tanks. Will really only affect lower levels of play - I don't think this is an issue at high Elo.

Remove passive armor penetration from Dominion Aura. Slightly increase cost of AD Caster items like Hexdrinker/Maw, Brutalizer, and perhaps Trinity Force. Now AD casters are brought down in power. (e.g. Darius, Urgot, Yorick, Pantheon)

Leave AP items as-is, and you'll see a rise in their power from the other nerfs.

I haven't thought out all the ramifications of these ideas, but I'm just throwing them out there for giggles.

Whimsosaurus Hex

06-03-2012

Hi. 3v3.