Should Riot adjust Characters for Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kohelet

05-30-2012

I posted this about Nunu in the Champ Feedback forums and nobody cared.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2152208

Dominion seems red headed step child : (

So my question is do you think that Riot needs to take Dominion more into account with characters?

Renegade Talon

05-30-2012

There are already enough balance issues on SR trying to get champions balanced for two maps would be like asking for all content unlocked. Ok those are vastly different but still you get the idea

Kohelet

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoxex View Post
There are already enough balance issues on SR trying to get champions balanced for two maps would be like asking for all content unlocked. Ok those are vastly different but still you get the idea
I understand.
If you saw though my post specifically referenced a change such as Nunu's Consume.

Consume - (Active): Nunu's Yeti takes a bite out of target enemy minion or neutral monster, dealing true damage to it and restoring Nunu's health. Deals half damage to the Baron Nashor.
Cost: 60 mana
Range: 125
Cooldown: 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 seconds
True Damage: 400 / 525 / 650 / 775 / 900

Health Restored: 125 / 180 / 235 / 290 / 345 (+1.0 per ability power)
I understand this is good for jungling in SR.

However, why not add a champion functionality to it such as... well anything? A debuff, a stun, etc.

My favorite would be a small stun. This has a tiny, tiny range, and it would be a nice escape mechanism for every once in awhile.

Nunu isn't OP.

A tiny quality of life improvement to this would hardly matter.

Renegade Talon

05-30-2012

Adding a way for him to damage champions would be great for nunu because it would help him in both modes but I doubt riot will do anything because people have brought this up many times. Nunu does need more but we just have to wait about 3 more years before they get to him.

Giant Douche

05-30-2012

As much as I love dominion, no, I do not think any champion needs to be rebalanced for the game mode.... except for maybe Rammus. But, once ranked comes out, everything can be fixed by increasing the number of bans to 5 per team. Just give everyone the chance to ban a champion at the same time they pick their champion, with the top pick getting 2 bans to make up for the last pick not needing to ban.

Phourc

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohelet View Post
, why not add a champion functionality to it such as... well anything? A debuff, a stun, etc.

My favorite would be a small stun. This has a tiny, tiny range, and it would be a nice escape mechanism for every once in awhile.

Nunu isn't OP.

A tiny quality of life improvement to this would hardly matter.
Please no, Nunu is the kitemonster who throws snowballs and doesn't afraid of anything.

His q is already 'minions = medpacks' and imo that's plenty.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloriousGlory View Post
once ranked comes out
no indication at all that Riot intends to do this

Shaxtenn

05-31-2012

Nunu is not bad in Dominion.

Max rank Consume and 1 autoattack (2 autoattacks later in the game) will kill a tank minion. What's significant about that? It lets you push. Consume has 1:1 AP scaling on its heal, on top of a base heal of ~300. Consume deals 900 damage, to which spellvamp applies.

Blood Boil buffs an allied autoattacker with 65% attack speed. That is a lot. Because it lasts 15s on a 15s cooldown, taking a single rank in BB means you don't need to upgrade your boots until you want to.

Ice Blast has 1:1 AP scaling, chunky base damage, and a low cooldown. It slows by a murderous 60% for 4 seconds. Add some CDR and you can perma-slow someone and fly them like a kite while you chunk them down with successive snowballs.

Absolute Zero is hard to use. That's because when you use it well, it kills people extremely hard. It has 2.5:1 AP scaling, on a base _1125_ damage if you get the full channel. That sounds like a big number. It is. Absolute Zero can one-shot people who don't build defensively, and cut in half the health bars of people who do. Wait for your opponent to use their flash, their stun, their blink, then run up right next to them (BB and Ice Blast let you do this) and make it snow.

Finally, Nunu has high base tanky values. He hits ~2400 health at level 18. This is 500-600 more than some champions.

Nunu is not Panth/Poppy/Kass/Darius-tier. Few champions are. He's still a good pick if you know what you're doing - which is the state of balance all champions should ideally exist at. He can lane top or bot. He does well in 1v1s and 4v4s.

To play Nunu well you need to play to his strengths. I don't want to spell out a build, but what you don't need is a ROA. What you do need is 30-40% CDR, some mana or mana regen to ease you through the early levels, as much AP as your yeti can carry, and as much or as little health, armour, and MR as you feel like you need.

have not gone into any AD Nunu build options. This is not because they do not work.

Moon-krug, and good luck.

PS I posted this into the other thread by mistake.

Isysar

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohelet View Post
I posted this about Nunu in the Champ Feedback forums and nobody cared.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2152208

Dominion seems red headed step child : (

So my question is do you think that Riot needs to take Dominion more into account with characters?
Dom is red headed step child.

Few people care because traditional burst mages suck, caster itemization is poor, and it's one massive bruiser circlejerk. It's fast, it's fun (to play and watch), but it gets old fast.

Yes, Riot should balance individual champions for the mode, but GL with that.

Ardnalis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

Battle Nunu does OK if the enemy team has an AS heavy champion, preferably two, and you have an AS heavy champion.