The official mushroom thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisTuRb3D View Post
do u smoke those
While I wouldn't recommend it, Amanita muscaria and its close relatives can be smoked for an effect similar to that of marijuana. For this purpose, Amanita pantherina is probably the best pick, as it has higher concentrations of the consciousness-altering compounds. If I recall correctly, pantherina is fairly commonly eaten by people of Russian descent.

The health effects of smoking these is unknown, so I must advise that you do so at your own risk.

KonFewShuN

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujiou View Post
I know little about hallucinogenic mushrooms. I have heard that they are supposed to be very bitter. The only guess I have for you is that perhaps they weren't the right kind of mushroom. Dried mushrooms are very, very difficult to identify, and it could be that you or whoever you received them from got duped into buying the wrong kind of mushroom.
in this situation that couldn't be the case because they baught the ingredients on a shroomery website and made the cakes themselves. Thanks for the response though

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

Bump for knowledge. I'll be replacing this post with a section on morels later today.

Rahgar

05-31-2012

Can you mail me a bag of those shrooms the Vikings ate when they wanted to go ape**** and kill some Britons?

Swaganometry

05-31-2012

Your thumb is ugly

c4lm

11-14-2012

Get off my turf kid.

the flail

11-14-2012

I will straight up pay you for;

Chicken of the woods
Gyroporus castaneus
Shaggy main
giant puffballs.

ever had any luck with these?

Fujiou

11-14-2012

I've found giant puffballs around.

Don't know about any of the others. I'll keep an out though.

Anyone want me to continue this thread? I've got a lot more mushrooms I could describe.

silentpartner

11-14-2012

could you describe portabello mushrooms in great detail to me?

i'd be ever so grateful

Fujiou

11-14-2012

Off-hand and in a hurry, I can tell you that portabello is the name for a mature Agaricus bisporus, which is the common white grocery store mushroom.

That said, it's going to be white all over, with black spores. The gills will be white while it's in egg form, but will be pink by the time they are exposed. The mature mushroom will have black gills.

That's all I really have to say about that right now.