Why is Ryze not considered Top Tier?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by facepalmextreme View Post
not according to your summoner profile.
what u mean my ryze game i had 33-3 0o?

JustDavid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2010

Annie does that while being tankier and with an AoE stun. That's why he isn't tier one.

haithere

08-22-2010

Maybe if his Q's cooldown was reduced to like 5 seconds or something ala Annie's.

facepalmextreme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2010

you have a rammus loss and a blitz victory. if they pulled some numbers from the DB one could probably safely say no ryze has gone 33-3 in months.

SonicTheHedgedawg

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicis View Post
because of ryze's range and survivability.
in order for him to do this damage, he has to be in a danger zone.
because he is squishy, he will die fast.
so he needs to do damage really fast before you can kill him, and then run away.
the problem with that is if someone throws a single stun at him - his nuke wont be complete and they will kill him.
this is why I build hybrid Mage/survivability items (Rod of ages, Glacial Shroud, Abyssal Sceptre), but that still doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to live.

Anyway, I wish my team would understand what you said more. They don't understand why I, as ryze, will have the most deaths on the team. Quite simply, the reason is, because I will die in ANY teamfight that we don't win. Ryze will almost never be one of the "survivors" that makes it away from a stalemate or a loss.

Omnicis

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTheHedgedawg View Post
this is why I build hybrid Mage/survivability items (Rod of ages, Glacial Shroud, Abyssal Sceptre), but that still doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to live.

Anyway, I wish my team would understand what you said more. They don't understand why I, as ryze, will have the most deaths on the team. Quite simply, the reason is, because I will die in ANY teamfight that we don't win. Ryze will almost never be one of the "survivors" that makes it away from a stalemate or a loss.
yes. but when you build these survivability items, you arent OMFG NUKE like OP says, and arent "overpowered"

tanks also have that problem of going down with the ship.

k245

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
1) Don't post that "signature" at the end of your post. It makes you look lame.

2) Ryze has horrible, horrible, range.

3) His "stun" is actually a "snare," meaning it only locks you in place. That player can still cast spells and stuff.

4) He's good, but not Annie/Anivia good.
Why is it that when I see caster discussion that Annie and Anivia are the bar that's set, even though I rarely if ever see Anivia in game, let alone a dangerous one? I'm speaking as an Anivia player who knows the birds faults. I'm just wondering why everyone puts her up there with Annie even though 90% of caster players play Annie over Anivia. She's faster, easier to hit with, less mana dependent, and hits just as hard as the average Anivia (good Anivias will hit harder, but that requires a freakin crapload of skill).

Is it just that Anivia, unlike Ryze, Malz, and other casters, is the only one that can compare with Annie (when done right)?

Strykeypoo

08-22-2010

At low level play, Ryze is easy to rack up kills with. Nothing new there.

7Envy

08-22-2010

Ryze = Low level faceroll

Arkator7

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by facepalmextreme View Post
because all of ryze's ap ratios are far below 1.0

remember kids, the omfgnuker order in LoL goes

anivia with mejais, annie, veigar, ryze, everyone else
Um... Where does Karthus fall into? Surely he can't be "everyone else"...