current meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonnFirinne

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharles07 View Post
well im not a theory master or anything, and frankly my elo is total garbage, but im just trying to find ideas to change up the current meta

honestly i find the idea of meta to be boring, why do the dame thing every match?

there are flaws in my idea but i do believe it would generate multiple wins vs a standard meta team, due to the fact that you are preventing their tank from farming, removing their initiator

also it doesnt matter if the jungler knows that people are coming for him once he starts the red buff, the bot lane can get to the jungle exit faster than he can
Though I disagree with your proposal for the reasons mentioned by the other poster, thanks to him for backing me up, I don't disagree with your intention, and my comment was more to the general forum-goers than you specifically. I'm not against a new meta, there just needs to be a solid argument behind why the proposed meta is viable against the current one. Hell I'd even be willing to help try out new team comps to see if they work well together. I just don't like when people hop onto the forums and say "I want a new meta" like it's the same as a champion and Riot just hasn't put out a new one in a while.

DIRTYFISHTANKS

06-06-2012

look @ my thread about shifting the meta c:

Corporate Joey

06-06-2012

Don't listen to nubs complain if you don't run the Meta. You can really have a blast having two high cc bruisers bot lane against squishy support/ad. Snowball hard and completely shut down the lane, but nubs will always cry if you try to do something different.

Omfg Devin

06-07-2012

This is correct. This is also why I play teemo + a support bot. Teemo counters vayne and other ad range carries

Timammoth

06-07-2012

i Saw a game were the whole team took smite and rushed baron by lvl 8. Once they got baron they took mid and completely pooped on us. The baron buff been a huge advantage at such a low lvl.

Ormula

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timammoth View Post
i Saw a game were the whole team took smite and rushed baron by lvl 8. Once they got baron they took mid and completely pooped on us. The baron buff been a huge advantage at such a low lvl.
Did you ward it? They probably all came out at 30% or lower health, so if you would have forced a baron fight at level 8 you would have won handily.

MoreMedz

06-07-2012

The current meta is current because it is the most used at the moment, so it is safe to fall back on in most cases. It is not perfect, and it can be countered.

The problem is trying to achieve that in normal games where there is basically no pre-match tactical planning unless you have a group of friends. So besides the theoretical part, it is a practical issue.

Also, meta is more than just the initial lane arrangement. When so many people are still struggling with the basic concepts like zoning and overall map warding, they get nervous when you try something different, however reasonable it might be in the context.

Danish Vikingz

06-07-2012

Just stick to meta in solo que please... There is a reason why it's the meta and i'm sick and tired of people constantly trying to shake it up in solo/duo que.. Do it when you have a 5 man team, so you don't screw others over...

Danish Vikingz

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormula View Post
Did you ward it? They probably all came out at 30% or lower health, so if you would have forced a baron fight at level 8 you would have won handily.
Tihihihi, don't expect people to ward xD
It baffles me how so MANY people think that it is a waste of 75 gold -.-

OriginalJack

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timammoth View Post
Never done that but I have done x3 smites and whenever their camps were up we would all go and smite steal it. That actually worked surpisingly well, their jungler actually rage quit after he realized he was 4 levels behind everybody else.

But that isn't really breaking the meta that much since we still had the solo top, mid, jungle, suport AD bot setup. It was just a counter-jungle game plan.