current meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Technician Tim

06-06-2012

im really tired of this meta personally

thats why i like to start at top, (as irelia or pantheon usually) with the standard ap mid, but a kill lane bot, so ranged ad + an assassin (katarina/talon etc..)

once while im at top, i let the other guy last hit while i zone the enemy out, making sure when i leave the lane at lv 6 my partner isnt at a level disadvantage

once i leave the lane, i grab red/blue buffs, then roam the map, push towers in each lane we kill in

basically what this does is removes the jungler from the early game, making my team be more passive, until i show up ready to fight, pushing all the towers like that causes early game teamfights, but their solo top should still have a lv disadvantage, and i stole buffs from their jungler

win that teamfight, youre pretty much set

of course thats not much of a meta change, but its new to me

heres what id like to see in a game

ap vs ap top

ad vs ad mid

tanks and off tanks 2v2 bot

5th person can either jungle or be a roaming support, occasionally jungling for ward money

this way the skill of your carries becomes much more important than the sustain of your support or what CC the jungler has

DonnFirinne

06-06-2012

You can't just propose a new lineup because you like how it sounds. The whole idea of the current one is that it countered the old one (EU ran it and raped NA early on at Dreamhack I believe) and uses the resources to the full potential. You can't just say "I want to see people run X Y Z because I like playing in an X lane better than whatever's going on now", it doesn't work that way. You have to think about what possible lane styles will counter the current lane styles. Figure out what counters the Tanky DPS top, AP middle, and AD Range + Support bottom each consistently, and make sure that if you don't have a dedicated jungler that you can handle the reduced team gold and exp. Those are the things the current lineup has going for it, and if countering it were as simple as "throw 5 champion types on the map and whichever lane they land in is where they will be in my 'meta'" then anyone with half a brain in low-level normals would have already figured it out because that's what low-level normals is.

Technician Tim

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnFirinne View Post
You can't just propose a new lineup because you like how it sounds. The whole idea of the current one is that it countered the old one (EU ran it and raped NA early on at Dreamhack I believe) and uses the resources to the full potential. You can't just say "I want to see people run X Y Z because I like playing in an X lane better than whatever's going on now", it doesn't work that way. You have to think about what possible lane styles will counter the current lane styles. Figure out what counters the Tanky DPS top, AP middle, and AD Range + Support bottom each consistently, and make sure that if you don't have a dedicated jungler that you can handle the reduced team gold and exp. Those are the things the current lineup has going for it, and if countering it were as simple as "throw 5 champion types on the map and whichever lane they land in is where they will be in my 'meta'" then anyone with half a brain in low-level normals would have already figured it out because that's what low-level normals is.
if you can read, you would notice i proposed 2 metas, the first one is my counter to the current mets

the second one is just what id LIKE to see

go on, re read it, yeahhhhh now you see where i said me not jungling untill lv 6 forced my team to be passive..makes ganks easier for me, harder for them, also cripples their solo top...so "anyone with half a brain" would see how that counters current meta (still everything depends on bot lane not being stupid)

OriginalJack

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharles07 View Post
if you can read, you would notice i proposed 2 metas, the first one is my counter to the current mets

the second one is just what id LIKE to see

go on, re read it, yeahhhhh now you see where i said me not jungling untill lv 6 forced my team to be passive..makes ganks easier for me, harder for them, also cripples their solo top...so "anyone with half a brain" would see how that counters current meta (still everything depends on bot lane not being stupid)
The first one where you have a dual top counters the current meta? Do you have some sort of replay of this being done at a high level or something to prove it or are you just theorycrafting? Here's what I see happening if you try that:

When you leave at level 6 to go jungle both your buffs are gone and the enemy jungler is the same level at your mid lane (probly about level 8 or so) since you have no farm and are at a level disadvantage the enemy jungler basically owns your jungle too now if he has half a brain. I agree that this will set the solo top back a bit but it's not going to put them completely out of the game (reliably) like you need it to for it to work.

I have seen this tried before and it doesn't work unless the solotop is a dummy and feeds several kills to the top duo. But your opponent being a dummy will make a lot of strategies work.

Technician Tim

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
The first one where you have a dual top counters the current meta? Do you have some sort of replay of this being done at a high level or something to prove it or are you just theorycrafting? Here's what I see happening if you try that:

When you leave at level 6 to go jungle both your buffs are gone and the enemy jungler is the same level at your mid lane (probly about level 8 or so) since you have no farm and are at a level disadvantage the enemy jungler basically owns your jungle too now if he has half a brain. I agree that this will set the solo top back a bit but it's not going to put them completely out of the game (reliably) like you need it to for it to work.

I have seen this tried before and it doesn't work unless the solotop is a dummy and feeds several kills to the top duo. But your opponent being a dummy will make a lot of strategies work.
any team without a jungler that doesnt ward their blue and red is destined to lose anyway, when that ******* tried to steal buffs, hed find himself on the wrong end of a 3v1, while hes respawning is a good time to force a 5v4

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

I see the meta as one team being good at poking/kiting, while the other team is good at everyone just initiating. With champs like AP kog, ashe, orianna, and TF, it's hard to fight them with all of their slows. Also it makes for a harder dragon, when they're constantly using their range on you to weaken you too much to fight them.

Good champs vs a poke team would be like jarvan, cho, nautilus, and talon.

The supports play a huge role on this too. For example, janna can blow the good initiator team, and then use shurelyas whenever the fights are looking bad for them.

Pill Popper

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Yes on both regards. He can jungle too.
And support

OriginalJack

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharles07 View Post
any team without a jungler that doesnt ward their blue and red is destined to lose anyway, when that ******* tried to steal buffs, hed find himself on the wrong end of a 3v1, while hes respawning is a good time to force a 5v4
But since there is no jungler you are going to know where each one of them is at all times. If they leave lane to try to stop you then you will see it coming and your laners should come too. I am ok with forcing a teamfight over a buff when I have smite and they do not.

Technician Tim

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
But since there is no jungler you are going to know where each one of them is at all times. If they leave lane to try to stop you then you will see it coming and your laners should come too. I am ok with forcing a teamfight over a buff when I have smite and they do not.
well im not a theory master or anything, and frankly my elo is total garbage, but im just trying to find ideas to change up the current meta

honestly i find the idea of meta to be boring, why do the dame thing every match?

there are flaws in my idea but i do believe it would generate multiple wins vs a standard meta team, due to the fact that you are preventing their tank from farming, removing their initiator

also it doesnt matter if the jungler knows that people are coming for him once he starts the red buff, the bot lane can get to the jungle exit faster than he can

apocWOOt

06-06-2012

Ive seen a lot of kill lanes bot recently. Lots of AD with Kat or AD with Talon