Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Freeweek Pantheon Guide/Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

05-31-2012

Quote:
Phourc:
Wat?

Frozen heart is pretty much core on AD casters - 100 armor and 20% cdr.

Frozen heart? I mean, its a fine item but Panth really has no mana problems that I've encountered. So that part is wasted. The CDR is fine, but hes got Ionic, Brutalizer as solid CDR options already. Armor is fine but Panth is a burst AD caster, not a tank.

I figure if they have lots of autoattackers/ADs, I'd just get a thornmail. Otherwise Ill leave the Heart to the Ryze, Yorick, Warwicks, etc.

Most Panths aren't gonna want to spend their first 2600gold on pure Defense. Hes reasonably tanky already with only a hexdrinker, defensive mastery, runes, phage, maybe a ninja tabi. His passive gives solid anti-AD defense so armor just isn't AS necessary on him. Its usually better to deal more damage.

Pemmin

05-31-2012

Quote:
inFe eD:
Loathsome DOTA player detected.

It takes one to know one.

Phourc

06-02-2012

Bump cause yay panth guide!

Also, someone I must nitpick. >_>

Quote:
Warrrrax:
Frozen heart? I mean, its a fine item but Panth really has no mana problems that I've encountered. So that part is wasted. The CDR is fine, but hes got Ionic, Brutalizer as solid CDR options already. Armor is fine but Panth is a burst AD caster, not a tank.

[...]

Most Panths aren't gonna want to spend their first 2600gold on pure Defense. Hes reasonably tanky already with only a hexdrinker, defensive mastery, runes, phage, maybe a ninja tabi. His passive gives solid anti-AD defense so armor just isn't AS necessary on him. Its usually better to deal more damage.

AD casters don't scale as well as pure carries (triple scaling - AD, pen, CDR with CDR being capped versus a carries' quadra scaling - AD, AS, Crit and pen), and generally build a bit tankier to compensate. Also, as a CDR item, it still increases one of your three offensive stats, so I would say pure defense isn't exactly accurate xP

I agree that rushing it would be silly, but I generally pick up a glacial shroud as a fourth or fifth small item - check my build on the post you quoted- and upgrade it at my leisure. This gives you a good armor upgrade when you need it as well as allowing you to build merc treads or tabi - both the 10% AA reduce and tenacity can't be found on other items useful to you.

And no one gets Frozen Heart for mana, that'd be silly xP

Panwar

06-02-2012

Quote:
Phourc:

And no one gets Frozen Heart for mana, that'd be silly xP

Kassadin, Blitzcrank, Ryze, Warwick, any AP caster heavily investing in armor. It's not only for mana, but mana definitely pushes FH into must have territory for more than a few champs.

ImCoolerOnline

06-02-2012

I thought all of us already knew that Pantheon is top tier on Dominion? Almost put him ban worthy tier.

Phourc

06-02-2012

Quote:
Panwar:
Kassadin, Blitzcrank, Ryze, Warwick, any AP caster heavily investing in armor. It's not only for mana, but mana definitely pushes FH into must have territory for more than a few champs.

Ah, my bad on the wording there, I meant that no one buys frozen heart as a solution to mana problems, not that certain champs don't scale with mana and try to pick it up whenever they can.

nukular power

06-02-2012

Do people really need a guide on the 2nd most OP champ on dom?

Phourc

06-02-2012

^ Yes, if they build like the non-me Pantheons I see ):

Warrrrax

06-04-2012

The guide is/was obviously for NEW PLAYERS, hence the 'free week' part of it. Its a starting place for new players, as well as a topic of discussion.

I hadn't really thought about Frozen Heart before on Panth. I do agree that his scaling is going to fall off lategame, but dominion just doesn't last that long for the most part. Its not like SR where you'd want to start tanking up endgame because you are falling off.

I guess it's a fine enough item to build later on, but I think Panth is tanky enough already. With my build youve already got 100+ armor, MR, and 2700ish health with just a Hexdrinker, Phage, Pros Blade.

At mid to late game, I'd rather get a Last Whisper to penetrate enemy armor vs boosting my own armor.

If you DO want more defense, I'd recommend a more general purpose item: I'd say getting a Giants Belt or Aegis of Legion is likely going to go further for Panth, unless they are really AD stacked...in which case you'd get a Thornmail.
Hopefully you already have sufficient CDR which you'd get pretty early with Ionic Boots, your free Defensive mastery, and a brutalizer. That puts you at 33% which is plenty.

Phourc

06-04-2012

Thornmail was FotM at launch, but I believe the general consensus is FH is ridiculously superior.