Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Freeweek Pantheon Guide/Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nny

05-30-2012

Quote:
Dimwitt:
but there's no reason for maxing panths stun first.... ever.

It's literally a 1 point wonder that doesnt get increased duration / shorter cooldown, but still gets increased mana cost.

Maxing spear shot / heartsearker strike are always better ideas.

Actually the mana cost is not increased, and it decreases the cooldown.

I agree that one should not max W first ever, but just correcting that part.

DiscworldDeath

05-30-2012

I usually try 2 in Q for top fight, then level E to level 2 at level 4. Then it depends on how things are going.
I prefer E slightly over Q, but I'm not a great Pantheon player (I have too much fun using the ult wrong).

inFe eD

05-31-2012

Quote:
Warrrrax:
* Battlefury - Only procs on autoattacks and the 30% Attack speed is really a waste. Last Whisper is much better for Panth..
Loathsome DOTA player detected.

Panwar

05-31-2012

Quote:
inFe eD:

I was wondering what the hell he was talking about.

Phourc

05-31-2012

Quote:
Warrrrax:
* Ninja Tabi are another good option for boots since there's no obvious armor item for him to take.

Wat?

Frozen heart is pretty much core on AD casters - 100 armor and 20% cdr.

IMO Panth should always be 21/9/0, grabbing all AD, Armor Pen and CDR related offense talents (I skip lethality but you could trade a point in sorcery if you felt it would be worth it), and Resolve, Resistance, Durability and Scars in Defense.

Why not hardiness? Because all the MR items that aren't MoM suck for Panth. That and likely merc treads will be your only magic resist unless things go terribly wrong.

I run pen marks, health/level seals, cdr yellows and pen quints, you could probably switch out the quints for anything but I really like shredding armor.

Skills: always R>E>Q>W, Q will poke no matter how few points you have in it, E will generally do the most damage, as well as hit multiple people - and it's not like you won't put points in Q when you can.

Start Prospectors/Boots/pots, get your core items ASAP:
- Brutalizer (always, AD/Pen/CDR too stronk)
- Hexdrinker
- Glacial Shroud
- Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads depending on how much CC or Autoattacks you're receiving

This gives you a few build paths, upgrade glacial shroud if you're taking too much physical damage, hexdrinker if you want a better anti-magic shield, a BF sword or two if you're owning and a last whisper if your enemies start building armor.

Madkuntt

05-31-2012

CDR> Max Q first = win. Please for the love of ****ing god. Don't get beserkers greaves/sanguine blade he is not an auto attack champ.

reu0

05-31-2012

Youmuu is not bad item for him.
Because attack speed gives him sheld. Ms is really useful to catch enemy.

DiscworldDeath

05-31-2012

Pantheon Q vs E is an issue of some contention (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1981578).

Madkuntt

05-31-2012

Q is his primary source of damage for poking, in which Dominion there is a lot of. Unless you have a team comp which allows you to jump in with W and E constantly Q is a much more useful spell. In my opinion.

Warrrrax

05-31-2012

Quote:
inFe eD:

lol. dammit. I dont play DOTA anymore, but I still always call Black Cleaver, battlefury. Sorry for the confusion. :-)

But loathesome? Really? Someone who plays the game that inspired LoL is loathesome? Geez dude.

As for Q or E, I dont have a strong opinion on either one. I tend to prefer the spear since it adds the most damage (40 per rank) and is more spammable vs boosting E (30 damage per rank and less CD).