CounterSnipe's QQ Post on Leavers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CounterSnipe

05-29-2012

I'd like to propose a new rule for afk players.
If a player leaves a game, he will be banned from the game for a one hour time period. This time penalty will take effect when that player signs into his account again, and the time will be reduced in real time (meaning he won't have to stay logged in for the time to expire). Players will be watched for the next 5 games, if they leave another game during those 5 games, the time penalty will be reinstated, but will have twice the amount of hours as the previous ban, and so fourth.

Or

Players who leave games will be rewarded with no IP for their next two games. Considering an average game is 30-40 minutes, two games roughly equals an hour. This allows people to play the game, receive no reward from winning or losing, discouraging leaving in the future.

I've come up with these two ideas because I'm tired of people leaving. It's out of hand.

QQ Part:
I've had to lose about 7 games over the past few games due to people straight up leaving. All of them ranked. I went from 1200 to 1120, had a few wins, but every single loss I had was due to an afk. I didn't even get a chance to maybe win the game. Please, let me have good games again! I hate losing games due to circumstances which are completely out of my hands.

Serra ArkAngel

05-29-2012

You should put a note about if someone DCs and reconnects quickly being pardoned. Perhaps a limit of 1 DC per match. Beyond that is just playing knowing you have bad internet.

Alumenlux

05-29-2012

There's a leaverbuster thing where they ban leavers for like 3 days or something as it is as far as I know

Serra ArkAngel

05-29-2012

He's implying Leaverbuster isn't strict enough. I'm not sure how I stand. It seems to work as intended and not punish those that aren't chronic Leavers.

Perhaps increased penalties in ranked leaves? That seems like a reasonable idea.