Darius Ult vs Cho'Gath Ult (mainly another rant against Darius)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reapexx

05-31-2012

I love using Darius's ult to secure buffs, dragon, and Baron. I also like its health buff.

Oh, WAIT..

(Darius's ult is still friggin stupid)

JuicyGundamBalls

11-17-2012

early game his ult does more damage, but cho has better damage scaling. late game with 500+ ap cho's ult will do more damage then darius. as ap is more abundant through items then ad.

SephirothWontDie

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNeon View Post
Except it does around the same as Olaf's unless he's been AA'ing you. Are you letting him AA you unhindered?
This was funny. Darius' abilities I think also apply passive, I could be wrong, idk, but either way, there is no real way to hinder his autoattacks, unless you are one of those champs who have stuns, blinds, snares, knock-ups, etc. Even then, he builds tanky and he still gets his auto attacks in, and you are still screwed.

I do think that Cho'Gath got replaced by Darius. That massive true damage was unique to him, then Darius came along with insane true damage. Darius needs, if not a nerf, then a rework on that ult. I still play Cho, do well with him too. People sometimes think they got me beat, then I eat them. Sometimes they do kill me. At least they have a chance. Against a Darius, you are screwed if he catches you with apprehend.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothWontDie View Post
This was funny. Darius' abilities I think also apply passive, I could be wrong, idk, but either way, there is no real way to hinder his autoattacks, unless you are one of those champs who have stuns, blinds, snares, knock-ups, etc. Even then, he builds tanky and he still gets his auto attacks in, and you are still screwed.

I do think that Cho'Gath got replaced by Darius. That massive true damage was unique to him, then Darius came along with insane true damage. Darius needs, if not a nerf, then a rework on that ult. I still play Cho, do well with him too. People sometimes think they got me beat, then I eat them. Sometimes they do kill me. At least they have a chance. Against a Darius, you are screwed if he catches you with apprehend.
So what you are saying is that Cho gath needs to be tankier, have better CC, better sustain, better base stats, AND a better ultimate then Darius? That is fair or balanced for Darius how? Oh, by the way, Cho'Gath's ulti does more damage then Darius's outright, Cho gath can just ulti, Darius has to waste time building at least four stacks of his passive to do more damage then Darius's. You can't look at a single move in a kit and say, oh OP, or balanced, not how it works.

Muspelheim SN

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
Still I haven't seen a Chogath do well in a long time. They need to do something to make him a solid pick.
In my experience, Cho is tough to use because he's got a kind of weak early game due to mana problems. His passive helps, but he's still got high mana costs on his Q and W while his E isn't enough to trade with alone, so if he gets low on mana he's really easy to bully. Using his E in trades also pushes the lane. He makes up for having a rough first 8-ish levels with a good late game just off farm and strong snowballing potential. Getting one or two kills in lane as Cho can turn the tide of a game with his high AP ratio AOE skills and innate durability from his ult and his favorite items (Frozen Heart FTW).

Back when I played Cho, I either snowballed my lane and usually carried as AP fighter Cho, tied the lane and ended up basically being a tank with a bit of damage, or lost my lane and lost the game. The fact that Cho has to snowball to get be more than a tank mid game, combined with his mana hungry early game probably makes him too high of risk to been used widely. Though he did show up as a tanky jungler in the world finals if I remember correctly.

On topic, I'd rather have a Cho on my team than a Darius. Both snowball hard (Darius might snowball harder) but Cho can be a solid tank just of farm. To be useful late game, Darius has to win the lane in my experience. Cho can initiate with his Q and disrupt with his W, Darius can only initiate with flash E and has no hard CC beyond that, only damage. If he builds lots of damage then he melts fast. If he builds tanky his damage falls off a bit and he lacks utility. Cho can at least build survivability and still bring utility to the team, and he can build damage and deal tons of damage if he gets fed.

Epictues

11-17-2012

not to get into this thread,

but youre an idiot if you think Garens ult and Darius ult are compareable in damage. Darius ult far surpasses Garens ult.

also ChoGath is OP too

Crowface

11-17-2012

I'd have a Cho over a Darius anyday

Nea De Penserhir

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictues View Post
not to get into this thread,

but youre an idiot if you think Garens ult and Darius ult are compareable in damage. Darius ult far surpasses Garens ult.

also ChoGath is OP too
Garen would be sad, except he's far more useful than Darius will ever be, AND can still dunk the Carry.

TW iz Rippin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

lol

Cretinok

11-18-2012

I think Cho could use a small buff to his base movement speed and maybe a small reduction in his mana costs, other than that he's pretty good, just hard to use.