My idea to fix ELO for season 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sixilli

05-29-2012

Many of use have experienced what it's like to be at a low elo and most of us also know climbing out isn't exactly easy to raise it up.

Might idea to fix elo is to combine ranked teams and ranked solo together.

Lets say a good player that should be in the 1500's got dragged down to lets say 800. Climbing out of that elo isn't fun and he shouldn't deserve to be there if he can play with a team.

Lots of people are going to argue this would be counter productive and more "bad" players will be carried up into the higher elos. The reason this makes sense to me is if a decent player is able to contribute to a good team he should be rewarded with elo in the solo que, seeing the said player is able to handle himself in a competent team.

I would like to hear what you guys would have to say about doing it this way.

FiascoReborn

05-29-2012

It isn't supposed to be easy to get your ELO up from 800. Honestly anyone down there is down there for a reason. I was down there because I made bad calls, i didn't have any mechanical skills, and, well, i was a bad player. Dropped to 900 ELO in season 1, and fought my way back up to 1400 after taking a 3 month break on ranked, watching streams, and improving in normals.

Alumenlux

05-29-2012

No such thing as Elo hell. Games DO happen where you do quite well and team loses it for you and it's frustrating, but statistics dictates that over more and more games played, your Elo approaches where it should be.

BP Jester

05-30-2012

In a way Elo hell does exist, but not in the way people think. People at that level THINK they are really good at the game, but they more than likely make bad plays and are oblivious to it. An easier way to get out of elo hell is to learn. Go out of your way to learn aspects of the game that you are ignorant to. You might think you have everything down, but trust me, most people in "Elo hell" have NO idea how many mistakes they are making.

Sam Is Whoa

05-30-2012

I agree that your at your elo for a reason. BUT I also agree that elo hell exists. You can only do so much for a team. If your team isnt playing well you will lose. You can easily play at a higher level elo but cant get out because of the ppl at such low elo pull you down.

I believe that if they can charge RP to change your name why cant you pay to reset your elo to 1100-1200. Ppl would do it at first but once they fall back down to horrible elo they will understand they belong there.

Arguments about that ruining the 1100-1200 elo range is not valid as when you start playing and win just a couple games your above 1200 elo and those who have been there a while will be playing with new comers that might not belong there anyway.

Digressed

05-30-2012

Elo hell is not real. Everyone is complaining about Solo/Duo Elo but think its easy.

It's SOLO/DUO Meaning that its based off your skill with 3 to 4 random players meaning how well you can work with them and get them to talk to you. If you can't then you got more learning to do. Sometimes you gotta suck it up and play a needed class you dont like.

DirtyJs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2012

if elo hell exists - where you have team mates are are uncarriable
then so must elo heavent - where you have team mates that will carry your ass even after you feed 10 kills

in the end, it all evens out, and you should be at your proper elo -
btw your peak elo isn't actually your proper elo, so don't think that because ur not at ur peak elo, ur in elo hell - that's being dumbtarded

STFU Im Toxic

05-30-2012

the only people that say elo hell doesnt exist are the people that never had to experience it. Once your in the 800s you stop winning/losing because of skill. Your matches are determined by which team is getting trolled

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2012

If someone is 1500 and can't carry themselves out of 800 elo, then they deserve to be there. My 1300 elo friend even carried a 800 elo game 1v5.