Champion Sneak Peek Draven, the Glorious Executioner

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nexttoradio

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Man, glad you know how powerful Draven is already! Can I use your crystal ball during election season?
First off...be more professional about this. You sound like a little child. When you make a product as competitive and followed as LoL people will always complain about balance issues. If you are going to be upset about people expecting your next champion to be OP after your recent releases...well you shouldn't be.

With that being said. I don't think Darius is OP exactly. But like the recent releases I think that he is wrong. Here is what I mean.

In the summoner's code there is a section stating that this game is about having fun. If preventing people from having fun is against the code I should be reporting every Darius I see. Not because he is really powerful, I personally don't see anything too wrong with his power, but because of his ultimate and what it encourages. If I got a like or thunbs for every person that reads this thread who has had a kill, one that was very rightfully theirs, stolen by Darius' ult I would probably hit triple digits easily.

Darius' ultimate encourages kill stealing. Heck not even encourages, it requires. When I think about playing Darius here is what I think. "Hmm skirmish is going on. This guy is getting pretty low and this Ashe has him with her infinifreeze. She will definately kill him but she will take more damage. Well I guess I might as well ult in order to save her from taking that damage. wait for it...shes almost got him there...now!" **KILL STEAL!!!**

And that is the thought process of a team-oriented player. A selfish player will just pop in whenever possible and take the kill instead. The ultimate is fundamentally flawed in terms of people having fun. The only person who enjoys a KS is the thief. His ultimate just frustrates everyone but him. I know the instant CD was probably intended to reward Darius for doing his job, but players see it more as a punishment if they don't get the kill.

On top of that, with Darius soaking up all of the kills, other players have troubles getting fed. Sure Darius can be really scary later, but that's only because he screwed over the rest of his team to feed up to the level that hes at.

I also have a problem with the true damage. The fact that it can do 600+ damage ignoring any bonus AD boggles me, but the fact that he can do this potentially 5 times in a team fight just floors me.

I just think that executioners in general are a really dumb idea because it will encourage KS. That is why people are upset with this new champion. He is an executioner in his title. I already don't like him. All I see when I look at an executioner champion is my hard-earned kill being stolen before my eyes because its this guy's "job". Hell I am really tempted to get Darius (with IP don't get excited) just so I can know how it feels to KS so easily.

If you are so set on having executioners in LoL you need to address the issue that an executioner is a very selfish champion type in a very team-focused game. You need the other players on the team to be rewarded as well as the executioner when a proper execution is preformed. A quick-n-easy idea for an executioner champion that makes people ok with him picking up all of the kills is one that, say, gives bonus gold to all assistants in the kill, or a buff, or healing. In this way people will be glad when the executioner pops in and finishes off an enemy champion. Sure their score will be lower, but as a team and an individual player, something was gained.

With Darius' ult specifically, I would say decrease the scaling from stacks, make it cause physical damage, or give it a short CD if he kills someone with it...5 seconds or so, not instantaneous. I don't claim to be a balancing expert, but I feel that these are changes that will help address the problem at hand while still attempting to maintain his "executioner" status.

In summary

Be professional
I don't like Darius
Make executioners more team-oriented or drop them pls.

EliteNocturneNA

05-29-2012

no offense but does both of them have stacks of blood and btw i think that both need to be nerf soon

TingTitan

05-29-2012

why do people complain so much about 2 melees in a row ? remember the time when there were like 5 aps in a row: fizz + ahri + ziggs + xerath + viktor or bunch of tanks in a row like volibear + shy + sejuani ?
I love the lore of these noxus folks so its totally fine.

ferpwnt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2012

warglaives?

bastille

05-29-2012

hey morello just a question: is darius gona be nerfed ? beacuse i kinda want to buy him but i dont beacuse of the incoming draven patch .....

so will darius remain the same?

Socres insane

Recruiter

05-29-2012

sera igual de edit de op que darius una nueva mala creacion ?

Kmox

05-29-2012

come on only offtanks!!!! NEED AP PLZ!!!

Ongazord

05-29-2012

Spartacus swag

Lavisan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-29-2012

Soooo, can Shaco have a sister? :}
I just want to have a Harley Quinn-esque voiced character. :{

LygattoArrow

05-29-2012

question, um, j/w do noxians have a mage?