Need help playing karthus...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2012

Hi guys, ive been playing karthus a while but now that im playing him in ranked it is alot harder. I find in lane i always get forced out against someone with harass: ryze, sion, kassadin, etc and against someone passive i get out-farmed. Mid game i dont enough damage and as a result i feed.
1. What should i be doing at earlygame, midgame and late game?
2. What items should i build? Ive been going boots, ROA, rabaddon, situational, often ending with voidstaff, zhonyas and another ap item.
3. What should i do in lane? Im getting forced out and outfarmed.

Thanks guys. (im taking flash and exhaust)

defleppardruelz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2012

you have to land your q's to harrass, or you will be beat everytime. karthus is a farming machine, but should have quite a bit of harass if you can land most of your q's. if the lane is passive focus on last hits and when you can try to harass. you have to have really good map awareness to know when to ult and get assists or kills with it...this should put you ahead of the enemy mid. in my opinion, kassadin and ap sion will beat any ap there up against in lane, try not to face them with karthus especially if you can (if you are playing ranked). just focus on landing q's and getting last hits.

early game you want to farm, if they are pretty good about dodging your q's then keep farming.
mid game you want to try to catch someone on there team with a wall..usually if you do you can get a pretty easy kill and go for objectives (baron, towers). late game you can either initiate with your ult or wait to die before using it. flash into the enemy team, pop zhonyas, and watch them all take heavy aoe. if you are having trouble staying in lane try using teleport instead of exhast. after catalyst or ROA you can get a negatron cloak if they are really doing a lot of damage to you.

ThorHammerz

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTreeX View Post
Hi guys, ive been playing karthus a while but now that im playing him in ranked it is alot harder. I find in lane i always get forced out against someone with harass: ryze, sion, kassadin, etc and against someone passive i get out-farmed. Mid game i dont enough damage and as a result i feed.
1. What should i be doing at earlygame, midgame and late game?
2. What items should i build? Ive been going boots, ROA, rabaddon, situational, often ending with voidstaff, zhonyas and another ap item.
3. What should i do in lane? Im getting forced out and outfarmed.

Thanks guys. (im taking flash and exhaust)
- Against Ryze, you should have no problem tbh. Stay at max range and farm for the most part. You might want to build less glass cannon-ish against sion, he beats you early/mid, and you beat him mid/late. Against Kassadin.... ask for a lane swap, or don't counterpick yourself in draft/ranked/ban him.

1. Farm, farm farm. Land your Qs vs. single targets always for double damage.
2. RoA to be honest isn't that important on karthus, but nice to have. Getting Tear of the Goddess on first recall and charging it up by 30 minutes provides a huge AP boost entering the mid/late game transition when you finally upgrade it. Catalyst early on helps a good deal for survivability, but do not feel rushed to turn it into a RoA..... if you're playing Karthus, chances are the game is gonna drag on a bit.
3. Farm. Farm. Farm. Land your Qs on the enemy. Your Q has an immensely large range, and with a bit of practise, CSing under your tower shouldnt be a problem.

D00MMAKER

05-29-2012

R.

XTreeX

05-30-2012

thanks guys i will keep trying I normally dont harass at all so i tihnk my solution is to harass and dont counterpick myself. Thanks guys.

Fallenzoul

05-30-2012

1.- Farm till lvl6
2.- Press R
3.- ????
4.- Profit