WCG North America - Championship Bracket

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyrinic

Senior Member

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post
That's actually completely wrong if you are talking from a legal standpoint
No, it's completely right. Google "aiding and abetting" please.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrinic View Post
No, it's completely right. Google "aiding and abetting" please.
Not to drag this more off topic, but you are extremely wrong.

If you went on a road trip in another car with your friend who was using a stolen car (since they played a game with but not on the hacked account) any tort by the owner or criminal proceeding would already have an extremely weak case. Add in the fact that they informed the owner of the accounts stolen status afterwards (which they did) and it would take pretty extreme circumstances for them to get any more than MAYBE a light fine. After all, your only real obligation (which actually isn't mandatory) would be to report it to effected parties, which was done.

Seeing as I do this for a living I can assure you that you are completely wrong.

But as for the thread topic itself, lopsided games are no fun. But I am looking forward to eventually watching the fraps of the EU vs CLG match. (Assuming they win, which is very likely)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyrinic

Senior Member

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post
Not to drag this more off topic, but you are extremely wrong.

If you went on a road trip in another car with your friend who was using a stolen car (since they played a game with but not on the hacked account) any tort by the owner or criminal proceeding would already have an extremely weak case. Add in the fact that they informed the owner of the accounts stolen status afterwards (which they did) and it would take pretty extreme circumstances for them to get any more than MAYBE a light fine. After all, your only real obligation (which actually isn't mandatory) would be to report it to effected parties, which was done.

Seeing as I do this for a living I can assure you that you are completely wrong.

But as for the thread topic itself, lopsided games are no fun. But I am looking forward to eventually watching
the fraps of the EU vs CLG match. (Assuming they win, which is very likely)

Except they knew explicitly that the person playing on hotshot's account was doing so against the TOS. As well as allowing him a way to use the account in an arranged game. And Hotshot already knew his account was stolen at that point.

It is, for a fact, aiding and abetting. If you disagree, you should probably try taking a bar exam that isn't a part of a Hello Kitty wii minigame.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrinic View Post
Except they knew explicitly that the person playing on hotshot's account was doing so against the TOS. As well as allowing him a way to use the account in an arranged game. And Hotshot already knew his account was stolen at that point.

It is, for a fact, aiding and abetting. If you disagree, you should probably try taking a bar exam that isn't a part of a Hello Kitty wii minigame.
And your qualifications are?
You can piss and moan all you want, but it will not change the fact that you are wrong. Since I don't want to clutter the forum with a pointless argument. You are more than free to give me some sort of contact information and I would be more than happy to fax/e-mail you as many supporting opinions and precedents as you want. Of course you'll have to pay the standard rates, but maybe that will show you why people who took 10 seconds to google "aiding and abetting" on google shouldn't act like they know what they are talking about


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProfessorStein

Senior Member

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post
And your qualifications are?
You can piss and moan all you want, but it will not change the fact that you are wrong. Since I don't want to clutter the forum with a pointless argument. You are more than free to give me some sort of contact information and I would be more than happy to fax/e-mail you as many supporting opinions and precedents as you want. Of course you'll have to pay the standard rates, but maybe that will show you why people who took 10 seconds to google "aiding and abetting" on google shouldn't act like they know what they are talking about
Stop harassing forum members. Reported.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ansre

Senior Member

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post
Not to drag this more off topic, but you are extremely wrong.
Dragging this further off topic, I don't care if the committed a crime or not. They exhibited very poor sportsmanship in a very public manner. They deserve to be banned. I'm sorry if it affects their team, but they're the victim of unforeseen circumstances (their missing sub) and ******* teammates.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bigbeef

Member

08-22-2010

YAY another game from a tournament that we cant watch...
Replay system nao plz


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Rooster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbeef View Post
Replay system nao plz
inorite?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grafic

Senior Member

09-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdorableSatan View Post
@People wondering about streaming of the matches

Today Hotshot mentioned possible streaming in his stream. So I guess he'll make something happen, or he knows of somebody who plans to.

I'm unsure whether he was referring exclusively to CLG vs HawkshotGG or that and beyond (finals).



Second match was something like 20 to 6 for CLG. Not sure of the exact numbers, but the difference was huge and in CLG's favor.
honestly u have no idea the drama that ensued before that match.
the second match was a freebie.

so stop your bias speculation


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grafic

Senior Member

09-01-2010

IN terms of the banning

the hacking has nothing to do with WCG or anything of that nature.
therefore had nothing to do with 'sportsmanship conduct'
reginaid and etc's actions didn't affect the tournament at all
and therefore the ban was uncalled

what did affect the tournament is the fact that team aon dq
and clg got a free pass to the Finals

HSgg got hacked. people played with the hacker
theres no proof the people banned even hacked the person
and instead of people trying to find said hacker
we have drama about team AON
was there no records or such, ip addresses for riot to gather to find the hacker
no

in short
who cares what happened around hsgg account

the competitive part of this tourney has been lack luster.
un-organized rules
no replays or fraps requirements for any of the games
ban on top players that has nothing to do with the wcg.



things that shouldn't be happening in a tournament such as the world cyber games
im just rolling with the punches here