Solo Queue Elo Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axiom Prime

05-28-2012

So currently Solo Queue Elo is based on team performance this seems counter productive to solo queue as in Solo you are playing by yourself even if for the team. So I believe I've found the solution.

Elo is now based on your KD Ratio in solo queue instead of wether or not your team won. Have a negative KD Ratio you lose elo, the more you feed the more elo you lose. Have a Positive KD Ratio gives you positive elo, with the option of assists adding to that elo slightly so supports arent left out, so if you go 0/6/23 you gain the same amount of elo as going 23/6/0. If not actually more as Deaths should no be subtracted from Assists only from kills.

Going 0/0/20 will award 1 elo per 1 assist, giving a total of 20 elo per game excluding kills and deaths.

Kills and Death are added and subtracted from each other, so if I go 10/2/0 I gain 8 elo, if I go 10/2/25 I would receive 33 Elo as it would round up. If I were to go 3/16/4 I would receive -13 elo +4 for the assists making it a total loss of 9 elo for that game. Thus punishing feeders/trolls/non team players and more quickly placing like skilled players together in there correct elo brackets. Solo queue Elo should not be based on a team, it should be based on your own performance.

Obviously these numbers for actual rewards and such can be modified, but I'd love to hear feedback.

Basically reward the player for their performance on the team and it will turn into everyone wanting to do their best to rise through the Elo system until they're at a comfortable place and have reach the peak of their skill level.

Trying to judge a player on how they play by their win loss ratio on a random team seems counter intuitive. Just my opinion.

Yes I realize you gain more for doing really well than you lose for doing poorly, but if someone continues to do poorly they'll slowly end up down in a bracket where they can do well, and once you've climbed enough from doing well you should in theory balance out to where you are actually facing people of likewise skill thus not getting huge gains of elo making it a slow climb to the top.

The Tuskenraider

05-28-2012

this doesnt work at all becuase this isnt call of ****ing duty..... jesus i ahte people who think like you

Axiom Prime

05-28-2012

Exactly how doesn't it work? If your Solo queue Elo is based on your performance alone it will more easily place you with people of your true skill and elo instead of getting a few **** games and landing in "elo hell"

You gain more Elo for Assists and Kills leading to people being better team players by wanting to increase their Elo. You weed out feeders and trolls by taking away Elo only from them for performing poorly.

If your Elo is based on your performance you have more reasons to perform well than to give up mid game because someone is trolling or feeding creating better games and a better community. Please explain how it "wouldn't" work.

The Tuskenraider

05-28-2012

because the same **** as what alrdy goes on will keep going on. People will ignore cs for kills and as usual feed

Axiom Prime

05-28-2012

You cant argue that, good players understand CS is important and wont ingore CS, whereas the players you describe that ignore CS and try to go for kills will get rolled on by better players who havent. Until you've finally landed in an area where you deserve to be instead of having your ELO decided by luck of the draw games. Once you've played to your peak and average out you'll be with players on your level which means little to no trolls or feeding. If they feed they will have that taken away from them, it also prevents AFK leavers from destroying someones Elo ranking by only punishing them for leaving/afk'ing. Going 0/0/0 would reward no Elo at all, and if they actually leave it would only take Elo from them instead of the team, you could even add a reward for a 4v5 Victory if needed.

You haven't said anything about how it wouldn't work just a blind statement of this wouldn't change anything.

The Tuskenraider

05-28-2012

are you seriously thumbs downing me lol ? what are you 5

first hand experience, people ignore cs for kills because they dont understand the game mechanics. Promoting K/D ratios to pull you out of elo hell or any elo is stupid because youre encouraging people to go for kills. Riot is supposedly going to redo the match making system, with better and more legit ideas than KD ratios.

For example you just said 0/0/0 rewards no elo, well say someone feeds on your team and sucks.... why wouldnt i just go afk and wait for the game to end instead of the fed player killing me while i try and win a game ? mmmm maby because ill end up with a crummy K/D for trying and therefor lose elo. Your system is flawed and stupid but nice try

Ofermod

05-28-2012

There are a few problems. One is that this encourages people to extend games in order to rack up kills, instead of actually pushing or doing global objectives. Doesn't encourage warding, communication, anything other than being involved in a kill. It does not encourage winning games, which is something a lot of people don't understand. I have won games when my team has less kills than the enemy; I have lost games despite having more kills. It is, in fact, possible for every single person on both teams to gain rating (I do not use Elo, as this is a completely different mechanic) after a game, thanks to assists. It encourages selfish and passive play, as deaths hurt your rating, and you gain nothing from teamwork/coordination except perhaps making it easier to kill an enemy.

I will grant that Elo is inherently flawed for a team game. But, like anything else statistical, it should balance out over time, since everyone has to deal with the same pool of potential teammates.

To sum up: The purpose of this game is to destroy the enemy Nexus, not rack up kills. Racking up kills is just a method to help you destroy the Nexus. Given that that's the point of the game, Elo should be given/subtracted for destroying the enemy Nexus. Your suggestion is like saying, "Well, Capture the Flag is an awesome game mode, but I really think that I should be ranked based on my K/D ratio, rather than how many times my team captured or defended the flag." It's not the purpose of the game mode.

Axiom Prime

05-28-2012

This is only a reccomendation for Solo Queue Ranked, not for Team ranked, where solo play should be based on YOUR efforts, yes you may see these problems in lower ranked elo's but in higher ranked elo's I think people would understand.

v MANrated

05-28-2012

Easy way to gain elo on this system, pick soraka, ulti before anyone dies, rack up assists, climb ladder.

Slaz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2012

It wouldn't work, people would play very conservatively, OR play way too aggresively, basically concentrating on your KDA ratio only and not on being useful for your team, like neglecting farm or sitting in base as soon as someone dies twice because "They're fed now and I don't wanna die and lose elo". It'd make the game a huge trollfest. It's not a well-thought out idea, sorry. Hell, Karthus could get level 6 then proceed to sit in base the whole game and ult to rack up assists, same with Soraka. It's just full of holes. You say you don't subtract deaths from assists, but if you look at your formula you do subtract them in the end...