Is having elo fair?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Savackz

05-28-2012

Most of the time, your ELO reflects what people you have as a team, not personally. You can be punished for having the worst people in the game but you could be superb. Tell me what you guys think on the ELO system.

AbortRetryFail

05-28-2012

If you are superb, your elo will not stay low for long.

awcrapilost

05-28-2012

Its sort of like the highest level of incompetence. If you're well below your elo, you can pretty easily carry yourself out to about where you belong. At that point you play support forever and get carried up a little bit higher than you belong : D

Tickle me URF

05-28-2012

I lost my elo due to 15 games in a row with feeders, I cannot do anything to carry myself when I get 4 people who don't know how to play the game. How can I do better without finding a full team?

TheWolfSage

05-28-2012

I don't think it's fair at all... hard to move up when every other game is 3/4v5 but yet I never, ever seem to go 3/4v5 unless we're already clearly winning and they ragequit.

awcrapilost

05-28-2012

if you're running into leavers all the time, find a duo partner, like the 2 people who have the same problem above. Duo to about 1200 and it stops happening so much

jadeking

05-28-2012

People always say how much they hate the ELO system, but please, tell me a better and more efficient way to do it.... If you really DON'T belong where your ELO is, then you will be able to carry yourself higher, so people who say they got down to like 800 because of their teammates are bull****ting themselves because if you really didn't belong then you could get yourself up.

PatShaw

Recruiter

05-28-2012

Elo works. I was at one point 600 elo yea i was that bad. now im at 1300ish without ever duoing. Low elo is all about lack of mechanics....