Junglers in Normal Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bluntski

05-28-2012

OK so correct me if i'm wrong on this, ive been wrong before. To me junglers just plain ruin normal mode matches. Now here me out, especially if you're a jungler. How many games that you know of did you actually win when you had a jungler on your team? For me maybe 10%, if that. Ive been playing LoL off and on for a long time and i have maybe found 2, maybe 3 decent junglers who actually know how to be an effective jungler.

Here's my question to junglers. You guys do realize you put a handicap on your team early in game right? It also sets your team up for defeat if the enemy team gets feed because you're not helping to defend a lane. For example, this happened to me 2 matches ago, I was playing a Shen and we had a WW jungler. Because he was jungling he left me to solo 2 ranged up top. OK, no problem just hug the turret and get ready for incoming ganks, I've been playing long enough. I got this. NOPE...not against two RANGED. I mean you can turret hug all you want but they're either going to kill you or push you away from your turret long enough for them to eventually destroy it.

Now ill admit im not the best player out there. Thats why i just stick to normal matches for now. But this is the theory ive crafted where i need a second opinion, because ive seen some pretty good matches occur where there were junglers involved. "Junglers are only effective if the enemy team is jungling too." And because ranked matches usually have 1 jungler per team thats where the jungling strategy needs to stay.

So in closing if it turns out that im not the only one that just HATES junglers in Normal Matches then junglers either help out in a lane or stop blaming the rest of your team for feeding because you're the one that put them at a disadvantage to begin with.

WhoopsiGoldburg

05-28-2012

You had a bad jungler?

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2012

1v2 top. You and your jungler are lvl 6 and have your ults. They're lvl 4. You slaughter them. I personally wish there were more junglers, as my favorite role is solo top. A team with a jungler and a halfway decent solo top will have an advantage over another team. Junglers aren't neccesary, but they are helpful, and it gives the jungler and top a significantly larger than normal amount of gold and Exp.

Queen Sejuani

05-28-2012

You had a Warwick jungle and you complain about him not ganking pre 6?

Please just stop. You are also full of sh!t if you are saying that you only saw 2 to 3 decent junglers in your WHOLE time of playing LoL. I simply REFUSE to believe that.

And a jungler does NOT handicap you in any way. If anything, they provide you alot of map control either through wards, counter jungling, jungling in his own area or ganking. He also enables top to be a solo lane so they can get ahead in terms of level and perhaps even farm.

Once again, learn how certain characters work, you basically expected from your jungler to adopt a kenyan child, become an astronaut, defuse a high class terrorist bomb and pleasure his wife at home.....EVERYTHING IN A 60 SECONDS TIME WINDOW. Or a little simplified so dumb people can understand it too: Gank pre 6 when it absolutely wouldn't make sense since he doesn't have the tools to do so.

Seriously, give your jungle some credit. It's alot harder than laning

Ultimately, obviously in a 1v2 you can't really do much, but if YOU die in a 1v1 lane, then it is YOUR fault. Not your junglers fault. He can't hog your lane and gank for you 24/7 because you are incompetent at holding your lane yourself. He has his own gameplan and responsibilities he has to take care off. Get wards and you can't get ganked either. Alot of people seem to think that a jungler doesn't do anything but gank, which is NOT the case. Some characters can't gank without their ult or barely, some can't gank at all and are suppposed to invade the enemy or farm their own jungle

Savackz

05-28-2012

I jungle 95% of the time with mostly offtank bruisers or tanks (mundo). I really lvoe it and people exuberantly appreciate the fact that I jungle so often. Mostly, Jax is my favorite and i gank alot. Look at my thread posted around 3:10 eastern time.