Client Based Replay System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D3leet

08-21-2010

This is something that has been talked about since the game came out. Its now been over a year, season 1 has Started~ and we still have no replays. Heck, we still have the same two maps that have been in the practice mode since the game started....

Just wondering when your development team is going to start working on the sections of the game that people want to see, rather than just making more and more champions and never really going anywhere with the replay systems, heck even some new maps with completely different items and strategies would be awesome ( like rune rewards for completing objectives on a PvE map in which its a battle between two sides of the lore such as demacians vs noxians, and new creeps on the map to identify which side is noxian and which side is demacian)

I'm not saying that this game isn't fun, but lets add some new stuff to it that encourages hero practice. I think a Player vs computerized enemy would definitely be one of the nicer things to add, and definitely having a localized replay system in the client itself that allows you to save your replays to your computer or discard them would be wonderful as well,

D3leet

08-21-2010

ok dont just downvote me and not say why, im just throwing some ideas out there, and my main question anyways with this thread is why do we still have no replay system, I mean i dont mind using fraps occasionally, but playing my game at 15 frames per second and not being able to play half the heroes because im lagging so badly while trying to record the game is just not that much fun.

John McCain

08-21-2010

We're downvoting because it's a wall of text. Use paragraphs and enter key.

D3leet

08-21-2010

kk clairified a bit as john asked, no one have a comment on the replay question? Im kind of curious to see how many agree with me on the replay system. I really want to see it happen, and we have heard about it for a year now, with no replay system in sight.

MadaMonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2010

It's been asked for, a lot.

All they tell us is "sometime during season 1." Though who knows if that time frame is still true...

SparrowMaxx

08-21-2010

Firstly: The guys who do champions have nothing to do with the other stuff. The programmers have their own job.

Also, client based ANYTHING implies that it is hackable, which is a danger.

D3leet

08-21-2010

Fair enough, the guys who do champions don't deal with the other stuff, then where are the guys that are working on building new maps?

Where are the guys working on new minions?

Where are the guys working on client based replays? ( why would adding client based replays make it hackable? That one your gonna have to explain to me, because I don't understand that logic, adding a feature that 90% of your players would probably use, isn't feasible because someone "might" figure out how to hack it, hack it to do what? Not really understanding the logic in that post...

SparrowMaxx

08-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
Fair enough, the guys who do champions don't deal with the other stuff, then where are the guys that are working on building new maps?

Where are the guys working on new minions?

Where are the guys working on client based replays? ( why would adding client based replays make it hackable? That one your gonna have to explain to me, because I don't understand that logic, adding a feature that 90% of your players would probably use, isn't feasible because someone "might" figure out how to hack it, hack it to do what? Not really understanding the logic in that post...
They are, in fact, working. According to a recent post, a new map requires almost every single department to get out (balance, art, sound, then lots of testing, changing, again and again) so of course it takes a while. It's not like you can make a new feature in a afternoon.

I don't think there are plans for new minions.

And with a client based replay, you have a copy of the game stored in your computer, meaning you can use that code to abuse the sever copy of the game and find holes. Thus, easier hacking.

Prettyfox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2010

Ok. There is a lot of coding involved in this kind of stuff. Why don't you wait or stop playing the game if all you're going to do is whine? A game like pong takes up more than 200 lines of coding, imagine how many lines of coding an LoL map or client side replays would take? Why don't you be patient.

Montford

08-21-2010

oh look, its this thread again.