Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Simple Bottom Lane Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LichKingRaider

05-27-2012

Depending on the players, actually. When I solo queue and support, I try to figure out how my ad carry plays. If he is likely to harass and initiate, I will try to initiate to reduce the damage for him. If he's likely to play passive, I'll try to play passive till jungle gank or other team stupidly push too hard so that we could kill them.

Well, there are situations that you should not go aggressive, for e.g. blitz on enemy side. Or really should go aggressive, for e.g. Leona + Cait lane. Then you should communicate with your lane partner.

Try to feel your own teammate. Figure how he's going to react and that's how you will have to play bot lane solo queue. Well, if you have a good teammate to play together for bot lane, that's the best way to do so.

FusRoDan

05-28-2012

Again, I think that it really depends on lane composition. Even if your AD carry is doing poorly, if you're playing a support like, say, Soraka, you're not going to be able to initiate anything, which is going to make "taking control" harder. If you really like playing support I do recommend finding a good carry player and sticking with them for most of your games, it's what I do and I almost never lose lanes I play with them, and it's gotten to the point where I simply can't solo queue anymore as support.

PrincessIrelia

05-28-2012

It's a team game, but because the malphite refused to communicate, I would report him for that and move on.

Queen Sejuani

05-28-2012

It depends on what the lane comp is.

Carry does NOT always set the pace. Imagine a Leona or Taric support. They initiate, you follow up.

It's as simple as that. Nobody sets the pace in lane, you adjust to the situation. If anything, your support is the one that would be more aggressive since he is, like his name says, YOUR SUPPORTER. which means he supports you in any way. Be it healing, initiating or get people off you (if they can) If the enemy retaliates and commits to a fight, you jump in and help your support out. This is how bottom works.

Queen Sejuani

05-28-2012

Quote:
LichKingRaider:
Depending on the players, actually. When I solo queue and support, I try to figure out how my ad carry plays. If he is likely to harass and initiate, I will try to initiate to reduce the damage for him. If he's likely to play passive, I'll try to play passive till jungle gank or other team stupidly push too hard so that we could kill them.

Well, there are situations that you should not go aggressive, for e.g. blitz on enemy side. Or really should go aggressive, for e.g. Leona + Cait lane. Then you should communicate with your lane partner.

Try to feel your own teammate. Figure how he's going to react and that's how you will have to play bot lane solo queue. Well, if you have a good teammate to play together for bot lane, that's the best way to do so.

You should be aggressive against a Blitz lane because he has no sustain, and if he is low, he can't set up kill attempts.

OMGitspattyrick

05-28-2012

Quote:
OrchideeFalco:
You should be aggressive against a Blitz lane because he has no sustain, and if he is low, he can't set up kill attempts.

or just don't suck, and simply dodge his skill shots

Queen Sejuani

05-28-2012

Quote:
OMGitspattyrick:
or just don't suck, and simply dodge his skill shots

That's like saying "Pick Expanded Mind (Mana per level) mastery in the Utility tree instead of the 10% reduction on your Death timer"

PrincessIrelia

05-28-2012

I don't get what happened here. It's blitzcrank. If they don't have an ez or leona on their team, expect him to do nothing. All you have to do is get him to miss a grab, and then their ranged ad is zoned. I usually think of it as a free win in ranked if they have a blitz.

Queen Sejuani

05-28-2012

Exactly. Blitz's hook is fear factor. If he misses it, you can punish for free.

Also, Blitz/Graves hurts alot too. But basically all I said is that, you won't dodge ALL skillshots. you will get hit by some ocassionally.

MCMCMAN2

05-31-2012

Its in the name. The support supports the carry. That means if the carry wants to play a little bit back, then the support needs to sit an heal him and let that happen (assuming they have a heal). If its aggresive, the support needs to set it up. But if they are being ****s about it, let em have it their way.