why use tough skin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yodaz12

05-26-2012

I was reading a few guides and saw that some used the tough skin mastery. I mainly play AP champions and personally, I don't think i get hit by minions that much (going to start paying more attention to it). I just don't see the damage reduction being that great. Was wondering if there was someone who used it who could explain the benefit to me (an expected value comparison with other reduction masteries would be appreciated).

edit: i should mention, i started looking into this b/c i just started using fizz, who needs to be less glass early on.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodaz12 View Post
I was reading a few guides and saw that some used the tough skin mastery. I mainly play AP champions and personally, I don't think i get hit by minions that much (going to start paying more attention to it). I just don't see the damage reduction being that great. Was wondering if there was someone who used it who could explain the benefit to me (an expected value comparison with other reduction masteries would be appreciated).
when you play solo top, then it will matter a lot

yodaz12

05-27-2012

my impression is that you generally want to stay out of the op's range unless your last hitting, at which point you bite the bullet so to speak. There's never really a time when you don't have minions (aka, the point where the minions start attking u) that your not also under your own tower, at which point the minions are attking the tower anyway. I don't disagree that 3-4 minions targeting me for a few seconds is a lot of dmg early game, i just doubt that it happens often enough, in regards to how many games it actually happens, not number of times in a game, before the point where it doesn't make much of a difference.