Shader Model 2.0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bongbongbongbong

08-21-2010

Im wondering about some compatibility issues I'm having. I keep getting an error stating my Graphics Card doesn't support Shader Model 2.0. I have a Radeon IGP 345M and I found on the net that that perticular card supports shader 2.0 and I've tried updating direct x9. it's still not working .. can you help me? WHAT'S GOING ON?

Everspace

08-21-2010

Update card divers as well as X9/10?

Sesspool

08-21-2010

This is a compatibility issue. The game has lots of them. I don't think Riot did compatibility testing.

Just tested on a laptop in my compatibility lab. got same results. Your only hope is that they fix it. Otherwise, buy a new machine. Yay!

Everspace

08-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesspool View Post
This is a compatibility issue. The game has lots of them. I don't think Riot did compatibility testing.

Just tested on a laptop in my compatibility lab. got same results. Your only hope is that they fix it. Otherwise, buy a new machine. Yay!
Why not make a thread in the bug forum for your findings with a list of chipsets and things that have compatibility problems?

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

08-21-2010

This is not a bug. It's a compatibility issue in that if your video card does not support Shader Model 2.0 (pretty much any card in the last 5 years), it does not meet the minimum requirements to play making the computer not-compatible.

Sesspool

08-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everspace View Post
Why not make a thread in the bug forum for your findings with a list of chipsets and things that have compatibility problems?
because I charge companies money to give them that kind of testing. It's how I make my bread and butter.