Why can't Riot just make Hecarim's Q do full damage to minions/monsters

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
This reason is correct. In playtests we were finding his clear time was unmatched by any other jungler in the game without inhibiting his damage to minions.
But could you at least make the penalty only affect jungle monsters? the problem is fast jungling speed, not lane pushing which in most cases is bad for laning but good for lane pushing later in the game.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
But could you at least make the penalty only affect jungle monsters? the problem is fast jungling speed, not lane pushing which in most cases is bad for laning but good for lane pushing later in the game.
Such a tacky fix that it makes my head hurt... -.-

soulxshift

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
This reason is correct. In playtests we were finding his clear time was unmatched by any other jungler in the game without inhibiting his damage to minions.
then what does rumble only deal %50 to creeps he does not have strong gankes or a good clear time, if it is because you don't want him clearing waves in lane so fast then add 2 word to the text "Non-neutral minions" it is not like you guys cant do it Evelyn's passive says "Non-neutral minions deal 50% damage to Evelynn."

I want to buy Rumble in the jungle skin but i refuse to unless i can actually jungle with him and do well

also why is it that wukong a monkey cant jungle effectively why not add a yi passive to his nimbus strike so he can actually jungle, his ganks are not that good, making his clear time faster would put him in a shyvana type role where he is not the best ganker but he is fast and can counter jungle safely and have a great initiation in later stages of the game.

i am not saying that wukong or rumble are not good or that they ant jungle but i am saying that because of their kits it makes them haft to stay in lane because they are just not effective in the jungle.

AncientSpark

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm6776 View Post
I think it was morello who said that they dont want extremely fast clear time with really strong ganks
While the reasoning is correct, I'm finding that Hecarim ganks are being severely overestimated and that his ganking before level 6 is pretty mediocre. On the other hand, his ganking after 6 is ridiculously good, so...yeah. It's hard to say where they should set the jungling number.

For what it's worth, though, the 66% right now is not too bad after you clear the first few initial camps; it's just miserable before then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulxshift View Post
then what does rumble only deal %50 to creeps he does not have strong gankes or a good clear time, if it is because you don't want him clearing waves in lane so fast then add 2 word to the text "Non-neutral minions" it is not like you guys cant do it Evelyn's passive says "Non-neutral minions deal 50% damage to Evelynn."

I want to buy Rumble in the jungle skin but i refuse to unless i can actually jungle with him and do well.
Rumble was never intended to jungle. I think that was more an anomoly that Saintvicious randomly found. His 50% reduction is set so that he doesn't just get free farm from lane because on a DPS per CD ratio, Flamespitter's damage is pretty high, especially since if you're aiming it at minions, you're guaranteed to hit the whole duration 100%. Having that on a no-mana system is just going to make him overpowered.

DrBleck

05-28-2012

I find that Hecarim's problem is sustain, not clear times (which are fast) or ganks (which are sort of average). The amount of health he can recover from minions is extremely low.

IS149c9d0730e8b88ab7fc5

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
It's 66% right now. We changed it last patch. What you suggest has already been happening.

For what it's worth, 50% was testing pretty well internally, so we kept it. It wasn't the first number we tried, and it certainly wasn't the last.
I always thought it was to make his top lane stronger since his Q is his main form of harassment you would end up pushing all the minion waves. I thought it was the Garen treatment :S.