Why can't Riot just make Hecarim's Q do full damage to minions/monsters

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Turtlerocket

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
because his ganks are considerably more scary than mundo/shyv/amumu
You have no idea just how scary AP mummy ganks are when E is maxed first, do you?

C0py Ninja

05-26-2012

I think it was morello who said that they dont want extremely fast clear time with really strong ganks

turdgrub

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2012

Remember when they buffed skarner's Q damage a little bit and then his jungle time went down by 30 seconds? Hecarim's jungle speed will probably go down by a minute.

Edit: I meant 30 seconds faster and 1 minute faster, not slower

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

05-26-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm6776 View Post
I think it was morello who said that they dont want extremely fast clear time with really strong ganks
This reason is correct. In playtests we were finding his clear time was unmatched by any other jungler in the game without inhibiting his damage to minions.

Rooster Raiden

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
This reason is correct. In playtests we were finding his clear time was unmatched by any other jungler in the game without inhibiting his damage to minions.
There will always be someone who is unmatched...

Hue.

Just kidding; I understand this point. Maybe consider simply tweaking his times then. It's not 50% or nothing. Make it 75%. Make it 60%. Generally, people aren't going to worry about mathing out damage for a spammable skill on minions (especially in the jungle), so I don't think it would be an issue.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

05-26-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Raiden View Post
There will always be someone who is unmatched...

Hue.

Just kidding; I understand this point. Maybe consider simply tweaking his times then. It's not 50% or nothing. Make it 75%. Make it 60%. Generally, people aren't going to worry about mathing out damage for a spammable skill on minions (especially in the jungle), so I don't think it would be an issue.
It's 66% right now. We changed it last patch. What you suggest has already been happening.

For what it's worth, 50% was testing pretty well internally, so we kept it. It wasn't the first number we tried, and it certainly wasn't the last.

Rooster Raiden

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
It's 66% right now. We changed it last patch. What you suggest has already been happening.

For what it's worth, 50% was testing pretty well internally, so we kept it. It wasn't the first number we tried, and it certainly wasn't the last.
Cool. Honestly I don't play Hecarim and I wasn't really trying to start anything. I just thought the OP had a valid point.

Thanks for the update Phreak.

If you're still around, is there anything on the radar currently for Morgana?

Arguably Perfect

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post

Isnt his damage the same as skarners Q, except without a slow?

Chiron The Mage

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIizk View Post
Isnt his damage the same as skarners Q, except without a slow?
Too tired to check, but I believe so. In which case, he should get a bit more of a damage buff to compensate for the lack of utility.

Rooster Raiden

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron The Mage View Post
Too tired to check, but I believe so. In which case, he should get a bit more of a damage buff to compensate for the lack of utility.
I disagree. The issue here is the jungle. Skarner's slow has nothing to do with his jungle clear. Hecarim has a much better gap closer and his kit on the whole pre-6 is much better for ganking; thus, his Q doesn't need a slow, especially factoring in the unit collision avoidance. Skarner, on the other hand, relies on his slow for ganks.