One Tier List to rule them all

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shoopman

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Blitz can be built in a number of ways, but Manamune/FH/Trinity/Odyn's/Atma's is the most common build I see, though you have to pick and choose which items to get as you won't have all of them. LW isn't a bad choice either if you go for Manamune and Trinity. I also see Shurelya's Reverie on him occasionally.
What should I start with then? Level 1 boots and tear/chain vest? Maybe just buy the manamune flat out after frozen heart? I'm hesitant to start the game with tear because it really gives you nothing until much later on.

DiscworldDeath

05-28-2012

Due to the passive, it gives you a lot of "Extra health" for the fight up top. And then for the fight 1 minute later.

Sauron

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopman View Post
What should I start with then? Level 1 boots and tear/chain vest? Maybe just buy the manamune flat out after frozen heart? I'm hesitant to start the game with tear because it really gives you nothing until much later on.
It depends on the matchup if you can get away with a Tear or Chain Vest start or not, but you can't go wrong with Trinity components either.

Shoopman

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Due to the passive, it gives you a lot of "Extra health" for the fight up top. And then for the fight 1 minute later.
...You have succeeded in making me feel stupid. Good justification though. Love thwarting Darius with my passive and indirectly saving my team from a multi-kill.

Shoopman

05-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopman View Post
...You have succeeded in making me feel stupid. Good justification though. Love thwarting Darius with my passive and indirectly saving my team from a multi-kill.
Edit: Just tried a game starting with tear and boots. Got it to about 650 before the game ended (22:00). Not a bad idea, my damage was a lot higher with manamune and trinity but I kind of missed my invincibility. I guess it's a matter of how much damage their team does and how effective building damage on myself will be.

...wtf did I do? I didn't mean to double post or quote myself >_>

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2012

manamune charges decently fast, much faster then an AA

MyDeadGrandma

05-28-2012

It really is criminal how Jax, a derpy enough hero as is performs exceptionally well bot lane. That mixed damage burst.

Regory

05-29-2012

Well, the best part about Jax bot is that you get to build up his passive on minions and then can dive right in to stomp on your opponent with full stacks already up, just like you do laning him on SR.

I don't understand what makes Lulu stronger than Janna. Both serve in basically the same role but I rather believe Janna is the one that does it better: probably superior CC (AoE knockup > all), better ratios and her passive is in the running for best ability in the game [mode]. Is Wild Growth that much better than Monsoon? Is Pix granting vision of a target when used as a nuke that big a deal? Maybe it's just me, I feel Janna's advantages outweigh Lulu's, though it's kinda splitting hairs anyway because they're both among the best.

On that note, Cass vs. Karthus. They're also very similar, yet most people seem to consider Cass cream of the crop amongst a relatively weak field (AP champs on Dom) where Karthus is complete trash. Actually, scratch that because the nerf on his passive was pretty devastating. -_- I still think his global gives him a leg-up as a bot laner specifically, though.

Fiddlesticks is horribly underrated. The fact alone he's arguably the best CC bot in the game should earn him better than "seventh worst" top. :/ I don't suspect him better than the likes of Janna or Blitz, as they have incredible mobility to go along with their consistent CC, but I think he compares favorably to some of the upper-T3 utility champs. (e.g. Nunu lacks damage and Maokai also lacks mobility, so they all have similar major flaws, but Fiddlesticks brings much better CC to the table than either.) He's a particularly good "counterpick" to enemy setups low on hard CC, as Drain has gives him both incredible DPS and sustain if he's not constantly interrupted, and Crowstorm is basically Absolute Zero++.

You know, I kinda wonder how Eve is bot lane because of her passive... It's like the only time her passive might not actually be the worst ability in the game, as Do-minions do rather pack a punch if you aggro them more than briefly. Sounds like a fun experiment for me to try. And Viktor really isn't all that bad. Death Ray is extremely effective at clearing minion waves of any size and the rest of his kit makes him a ***** to dive, so he should at least stalemate almost any matchup.

Panwar

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regory View Post
You know, I kinda wonder how Eve is bot lane because of her passive... It's like the only time her passive might not actually be the worst ability in the game, as Do-minions do rather pack a punch if you aggro them more than briefly. Sounds like a fun experiment for me to try.
Problem is that until she gets her Triforce there isn't anyone she can beat 1v1. Sure she can avoid minion damage and just get killed by the other bot laner.

Quote:
And Viktor really isn't all that bad. Death Ray is extremely effective at clearing minion waves of any size and the rest of his kit makes him a ***** to dive, so he should at least stalemate almost any matchup.
Abilities that clear minion waves are not in short supply. And there are many more that are on shorter CD and cost less resources. Viktor is hampered by high cooldowns, being mana hungry, and weak itemzation. He's an SR champ through and through. All about the prolonged laning phase and teamfight. He just doesn't have enough of what he's got to be good enough often enough for Dom. And that's not counting the fact that he he has a high learning curve.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2012

I hate when someone is cataloged as weak in dominion "because is a SR champ" yet it's played even less or considered even weaker in SR.