One Tier List to rule them all

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shoopman

05-27-2012

How exactly are you supposed to build Lulu? I just played a game as her for kicks with unoptimized runes/masteries and a completely guesswork build of deathfire, rylais, and roa. We won, but I didn't do so hot. Are you supposed to go full tank or full AP or what?

Also what skill order? I max E first in SR but I think maxing Q or even W first might be better on dom.

Sauron

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopman View Post
How exactly are you supposed to build Lulu? I just played a game as her for kicks with unoptimized runes/masteries and a completely guesswork build of deathfire, rylais, and roa. We won, but I didn't do so hot. Are you supposed to go full tank or full AP or what?

Also what skill order? I max E first in SR but I think maxing Q or even W first might be better on dom.
Zimike, the #1 Lulu, likes to run lots of movespeed runes/masteries and focus on flat mpen with pure tank and some auras. 40% CDR is very important on her. Sweeper, FH, Sorc Shoes, Haunting Guise, Zeke's, Abyssal, and Aegis are all very good buys.

Q and W are super nasty when ranked early, but its hard to go wrong with her skilling order.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2012

Thanks Sauron for making a tier list as I think a lot of people wanted to know your thoughts including me.
Despite your posts I'm not sure if you posted a tier list like
"This is my thoughts, enjoy my awesomness , if you don't like my opinion, too bad, bye"
or
"This is my thoughts and If you disagree let's discuss it because I think we both will benefit from that discussion (but Probably i'm right)"
kind of thing.

If it's the later, I want to know a few things.

Brutalizer: How or why you don't think is chesscake? is the dream of every AD caster, CDR, ArP and Damage.

Warden's mail: I don't think it's that great, however people in SR are already claiming is too good. So there should be somethign i'm not seeing, could you enlighten me? I agree it's awesome against autoatackers, but already thanks to Thornmail and Frozen hearth, Autoattackers are at the bottom of the food chain, What's so awesome about this item?

Sauron

05-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Brutalizer: How or why you don't think is chesscake? is the dream of every AD caster, CDR, ArP and Damage.
Brutalizer is nice, cheap and useful early on, but lately I've been trying out scaling AD runes and rushing LW instead of flat ArPen. It trades some of the CDR for better scaling damage. Is it better overall? Depends on the champion. Flat ArPen will win hands down on the champions that reduce/penetrate armor through abilities, and scaling ArPen will win hands down on Darius and Panth due to better itemization (basically the casters that don't need Trinity or crit). For all the physical champions that are neither, both ways will work just fine.

Quote:
Warden's mail: I don't think it's that great, however people in SR are already claiming is too good. So there should be somethign i'm not seeing, could you enlighten me? I agree it's awesome against autoatackers, but already thanks to Thornmail and Frozen hearth, Autoattackers are at the bottom of the food chain, What's so awesome about this item?
Warden's Mail is insanely good:

1). Cheap and effective stats with an upgrade that keeps the passive. No wasted stats on any champion even after upgrade.
2). Slow proc applies to total MS and singlehandedly allows you to walk away from a fight.
3). Slow proc stacks with Phage/Trinity/FM for MS debuff and FH and Randuin's active for AS. Also stacks with Ice Blast and Ground Slam.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2012

Sunfire cape: I build Sunfire cape with malphite, do you think i should buy something else instead?

Berzeker graves: I find in heroes like Tristana and ashe, is the only way to make good damage early on. You think it's a mistake?

Black cleaver: Tier 2? Can you go deeper in some of it's uses? Same with executioner calling

Rylai crystal sceper: Can you explain some champs/situations you would go this item? i never see it.

jars

05-27-2012

black cleaver goes with brut on % armor reductions. people have no armor and you do crazy damage

Redenbacher

05-27-2012

Also, on champions like Corki who have innate armor shred, you can send someone way in to the negatives, granting extra damage.

05-27-2012

Quote:
Black cleaver: Tier 2? Can you go deeper in some of it's uses? Same with executioner calling

Rylai crystal sceper: Can you explain some champs/situations you would go this item? i never see it.
Executioner's Calling should be purchased if you're against any champ with built in life gain or if they're purchasing a ton of lifesteal (really even if they just have a Sanguine Blade). The CD on the active is so low that you should use it every time you're engaging somebody even if you don't plan on fully killing them. The item is also pretty cheap for the passive and stats and the active makes it really useful but only in certain situations.

Rylais is very useful on champs that are either reliant on skill shots (ex: makes Brand's stun far easier to land if you E them first or for Cass to keep landing Q for more spam of that low CD fang skill) or have multiple single target spells (for perma slow). It also helps non burst champs stick to their target and ensure their death.

Sauron

05-27-2012

Quote:
Sunfire cape: I build Sunfire cape with malphite, do you think i should buy something else instead?

Berzeker graves: I find in heroes like Tristana and ashe, is the only way to make good damage early on. You think it's a mistake?

Sunfire Cape I don't think is worth the money. I feel that if you want armor+damage, go for Thornmail with some health item instead.

Berserker Greaves are pretty meh, if you want offensive boots, I think paying the extra 130 gold for 15% CDR over 25% AS is much more worth it.

Black Cleaver works really well on champions that already reduce or penetrate armor and make full use of flat ArPen. Though the debuff applies after the damage is dealt, meaning you need an extra hit for it to give its additional damage, it still allows some champions to ignore LW and still scale well into the lategame. It doesn't rate as high because the stack duration can run out on some AD casters.

Executioner's Calling is pretty much the best source of offensive sustain. You can basically get 2 for the price of 1 Sanguine, and while the neglibile passive won't stack and the second active goes to waste, its still a great investment for characters get already get lots of free attacks and have built-in defenses or CC to let them keep attacking. Even against people without direct heals, EC's active pulls its weight for effective damage by reducing lifesteal and health packs. So spam it even when not against a Soraka!

Rylai's Crystal Scepter is for the champions that don't have reliable or low CD CC but do work with zoning. Karthus and Cassiopeia are probably the best examples, even though their slows will be reduced, it still makes zoning and escaping much easier. If someone comes down to gank me when I'm Karthus, I can Q one opponent and W the other to greatly increase my chance of survival (Q'ing any chasers after that). It is generally better to slow someone than speed yourself up, and Rylai's versus, say, Lich Bane is going to be a good example of that.

Nekrogen

05-27-2012

Sauron tellin' it like it is.

Someday I'll get off my ass and write something interesting again :P