One Tier List to rule them all

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackDAILO

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
I'm actually starting to think that Annie out-classes Brand now : (

Shes a tad less safe due to her shorter range, but she has better stuns, is tankier, and can stun an entire team at once if they're all grouped up.
And her burst is absolutely insane.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
I'm actually starting to think that Annie out-classes Brand now : (

Shes a tad less safe due to her shorter range, but she has better stuns, is tankier, and can stun an entire team at once if they're all grouped up.
The recent change to molten shield helps her a lot, however she relies on the other team not having an assassin or tank sit on her during team fights, or even team fights happening and the enemy team needs to clump.

I am glad more mages are seeing use in touneys now. Maybe i should bust out some AP Malz top sometime soon.

Vi also needs to be higher on the Bot lane Tiers. Double gap closer post-6, decent steroids, and good wave clear make her really strong. She can beat some of the top laners like Jax, Diana and Yorick all throughout the game. Also, her Q is bugged such that if you charge it and try to cap a tower, it will reset the CD and refund the mana, so you can do this infinitely if someone is trying to harass you while you are capping but cannot get a clear shot.

Rawth XI

02-04-2013

Hey Sauron, love your Dom guides and Dom champ and item tier lists - I feel so much smarter after reading them all, thank you!!

Kholdstare13

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
W is frustrating and will often eat CC during it. It's strong for assassinating single targets much like AP Sion is, but there's lots of room for counterplay.

I rarely see AP Trist do well unless there's a tank or two permanently by her side, but it's possible she should be higher due to a lack of dedicated AP Trist players around here.
Then I shall continue to play her until the boards fill with cries to nerf her damage, and all the little Darius Teemo Kassadin Nidalee bandwagoners start to play her only to find out they are horrible since she takes skill.

Wolf Un1t

02-05-2013

I think nasus Q able to crit places him in a highee bot lane tier. Had a few bot laners today who couldnt handle him

NamKim

02-05-2013

Can I suggest "Curfew" being added to this Tier List?

Malah

02-13-2013

Why is Anivia in T4 bot lane?

I would definitely place her in lower T3. Assuming she doesn't overextend herself with a ganker running about, I would say her zoning ability evens out with her low survival early game after that zone is crossed. Wall with an ult beside it essentially forces engages in your favor if you hang back long enough to force those even with gap closers to enter the storm before jumping on you. If you can land Q's reliably then you don't even need her ult for safety purposes which lets you actually do something early game than max-range Q minions, which frees it up for trades and a spammable minion reset button any time you feel threatened by how close the minion wave is.

Once I've gotten some mana and survival I'm usually able to force an exchange in her ult long enough to put her on the winning end of trades if she's not against someone who can totally ignore her zone and murder her. She's not going to crush as many lanes as the top picks may but she can stay safe against almost anyone else with a bit of map awareness and skill. If Morgana gets a pass bot lane due to her safety then I'd at least boost Anivia up into her tier, if not necessarily her level in it.

Orphane

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
Once I've gotten some mana and survival I'm usually able to force an exchange in her ult long enough to put her on the winning end of trades if she's not against someone who can totally ignore her zone and murder her.
Prefaced with "in my opinion":
This tends to be the problem. Sure, Anivia can stall out a lot of matchups given some breathing space early, but there are quite a few where you're just going to get murdered early and keep getting murdered. There's probably quite a few champs can hit speed shrine and then force you out of lane early because you don't have the stats to keep up with that. How well a champ can deal with ganks is also going to be a factor in determining bot lane viability, and Anivia also has some problems there if the bot laner is aggressive and forcing her to keep at least some of her spells on cooldown.

That being said I've seen some mean bot Anivias, like Nyx.

Malah

02-13-2013

Well, her early game is certainly a gaping weakness, but that's why I'm sticking her in T3 and not upstairs with the rest of the broken stuff. I, unfortunately, do not bot with her enough to be able to give a definitive benchmark for how much ground she can lose early-game and still rebound from it, but as long as she's not up against the aforementioned "dives and doesn't care" (Vi/Khazix/Diana) category I'd imagine it's recoverable. With a large amount of matchups she just needs to be able to hold her point and she can stall from a distance for quite a while. It really depends, imo, how well you can use her Q and wall to compensate for her total lack of mobility and how close you can get to ult/frostbite harass without getting stomped on.

Her gank response really depends on your response time and who's ganking: I can usually get someone in my face then stick a wall between us to buy time (obv more effective at higher wall levels) and get away but that depends on the cooldown of the gap closer that champion has. I ever-so fondly remember the time that AP Eve decided to jump on me on my tower and I shut the door behind her when she tried to W away. Exhaust is pretty much my best friend on Anivia both for the survival/gank response purposes but also to keep people sitting where I want to for Q/Ult purposes. There's a lot of skill-related "what if's" when playing Anivia but I don't think it's fair to hold that against her when she can be very effective if you practice learning what her wall can and can't do and where her limits are for trades.

If there's one thing I don't like about her it's the egg mechanic at low levels which, at best, serves to give you time to say "HEY I'M DEAD GET TOP/DOWN HERE NAO". Gets much better at high levels when it's not killing you and backed up with HP/a resist item it actually does give you time to fight back once you're up. I'm fine with it balance-wise, it just irritates me >.>

Still, poor pre-6 is compensated for her safety afterwards imo - not to the same degree as some of the stronger picks, but again, I don't see why she would be so low. Lower than Morgana? Sure, Black Shield is going to make her anti-gank response stronger, but Anivia has more aggressive power in lane once her mana pool can keep up with skirmishes. (Using Morg as closest comparison to her in level).

FreeGothitelle

02-14-2013

I think teemo needs to be moved down, his shrooms are ridiculously easy to handle with lightbringer, he's squishy making him go down quickly in fights, and doesn't really have long ranged poke to prevent caps.

The movement speed helps a lot to get around, but I don't really see that making him tier 1 worthy over tier 2....

And nunu in cheesecake tier for bot lane seems really odd to me, he has horrible wave clear excluding ult, so anyone with good wave clear (brand, ahri, cho, jayce, malz, zyra, etc.) can give him heaps of problems by continually pushing.