One Tier List to rule them all

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

02-01-2013

I know the item list isn't super serious, but I'm curious why shiv is considered trash while PD is strong. I thought the general balance between the two is that shiv is actually stronger early to mid game because of the zaps, while PD is stronger once you finish two major damage items. Seeing as something like prospectors/boots/BF sword item/AS item/BF sword item or LW is all AD carries will get to build on Dominion, I would have thought shiv would be the better or at least or par choice. Depending on the champion in question of course.

Tortferngatr

02-02-2013

So...your thoughts on Seeker's Arm Guard? It seems like an easy Tier 5 or 6, since it's basically a dead end on Dominion, but it would be good to make sure it isn't, say, tier 3 or 4.

Incidentally, given the DFG build path/AP buff, should it get bumped to Cheesecake or high Tier 1?

As a final note, Fiendish codex changes: your thoughts?

lbgsloan

02-02-2013

Cleaver and BFT have been nerfed enough times now that they should probably be re-evaluated as well. Cleaver is still super strong, but I'd say it's no longer strictly better than LW or GB anymore. BFT definitely isn't a rush item on every AP anymore, and from the sample builds in the other guide it should probably be removed from many of the builds there. Like I don't think Zilean and Taric want one anymore, and many mages would probably be better off stopping at guise now and building a wooglets or deathfire from there instead.

Sauron

02-02-2013

Shiv moved, it wasn't supposed to be in that tier. People rarely read the item tier list so nobody caught it until now, lol.

Seeker's will be removed, it's not supposed to be in Dominion. So I won't bother putting it in. DFG/Codex saw practically no change.

I agree on moving Cleaver down. Most champions who use Cleaver have no problem building stacks quickly but the stats are finally getting nerfed.

BFT is pretty much the same strength it has been for the last few patches, actually, slightly stronger. Extremely easy to build and hit the CDR cap with, and gives redonkulously efficient stats/passive. Nothing compares to its release state, but it is still cheesecake.

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Locket should be higher on the item list. It gives you a ton of stats for the price, and the active is quite good.

Top tier support item, good tank item.

lbgsloan

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferer View Post
Locket should be higher on the item list. It gives you a ton of stats for the price, and the active is quite good.

Top tier support item, good tank item.
The stats on it are much better in S3, but the active is still pretty meh I find. I rarely feel it made a major impact on a fight. I find it hard to justify buying over Sweeper most of the time.

wasdff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Why move Teemu down from Cheesecake tier?

He still makes me mu.

naotasan

02-03-2013

Nidalee has become a common ban after the jayce/kass bans.
Not only that but I've been watching Nidalees carry their team as if they were kassadin.

I think we're under rating nidalee until someone with unbelievable skill blows our minds away as to why she is so strong.

HaIfhearted

02-03-2013

I'm actually starting to think that Annie out-classes Brand now : (

Shes a tad less safe due to her shorter range, but she has better stuns, is tankier, and can stun an entire team at once if they're all grouped up.

wolferer

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
The stats on it are much better in S3, but the active is still pretty meh I find. I rarely feel it made a major impact on a fight. I find it hard to justify buying over Sweeper most of the time.
I buy both on tanks. Best way to stack health.