One Tier List to rule them all

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

01-05-2013

He meant she wasn't placed....

inFe eD

01-06-2013

Quote:
Tier 5: inFe eD.

Tier 5 - exceptional teamwork and skill, as well as being devilishly handsome.
Sounds 'bout right.

ThatGuyWithRobe

01-06-2013

Viktor and Cho' gath bad picks?

Well, i have used Cho and Viktor in plenty of matches and their CC is quite awesome, yes, they might not give quite the punch like some OP champs right now, but dominion is for teamwork and those 2 champs are quite amazing when use with skill, taking down katarina, pantheon, and some other dangerous champs when working together with the team.

Viktor is quite the defender on capture points when having 'wooglet's witchcap', his W and ult

Cho 'Gath with both CC's and his deadly ult can make a darius run away if he builds only AD

FireZ42

01-07-2013

You say Kog is Tier 2 and yet when I picked Kog you insta dodged. what up

Damieh

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyWithRobe View Post

Well, i have used Cho and Viktor in plenty of matches and their CC is quite awesome, yes, they might not give quite the punch like some OP champs right now, but dominion is for teamwork and those 2 champs are quite amazing when use with skill, taking down katarina, pantheon, and some other dangerous champs when working together with the team.

Viktor is quite the defender on capture points when having 'wooglet's witchcap', his W and ult

Cho 'Gath with both CC's and his deadly ult can make a darius run away if he builds only AD
If you think about cho as only cho, he's not bad. The problem with cho isn't himself, it's just that there are BETTER picks. He gets outclassed by lots of champions.

2c =)

konfetarius

01-07-2013

Cho is probably very good given what he is. People get too fixated on "omg can't get stacks," while ignoring that he pretty much one of the best CC kits in the game on top of having good damage.

Ariou

01-07-2013

Nm, either my eyes fool me or some one is trolling sticking forums on here. . .

Sauron

01-07-2013

Hai guyz I've been AFK since basically Saturday night. Got a bunch of RL stuff coming up but I'll still be playing League.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Sounds 'bout right.
Reading between the lines are we.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyWithRobe View Post

Viktor is bad. Not trash bad, just bad. His W is short-ranged even with upgrade and is unreliable, he lacks a lot of damage and doesn't have a good escape. Any mage can be quite a defender on a capture point when having Wooglet's, stun, and ult up, and most are better at it than Viktor is.

Cho'Gath is bad because if he misses his Q just once, the enemy can freely initiate on him. W will save him from that situation only if he's against a close range caster like Morde. Why is he strong in SR and TT? Minions for his passive and no free money for everyone to make his early tankiness and E useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireZ42 View Post
You say Kog is Tier 2 and yet when I picked Kog you insta dodged. what up
The last time I dodged a game was Friday and it was because I had to take an important phone call that I wasn't expecting yet. Good thing the game hadn't started or I would have had to AFK for like 10 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Cho is probably very good given what he is. People get too fixated on "omg can't get stacks," while ignoring that he pretty much one of the best CC kits in the game on top of having good damage.
Remember I'm like, one of the three people who have ever picked Cho'Gath in Dominion a decent amount. Just like Gangplank he is designed for a low-gold dueling environment which is most certainly not Dominion. Cho'Gath's big strength is getting to a combat-statistic point before everyone else (sustain to keep him in lane, zoning on Q, high base damage on E which matters a lot in low-gold environments, and the sudden flash-feast at dinging 6). Dominion removes that farm-zone importance as well as much of his sustain, leaving him as an unreliable burst caster (missing either Q or W will make you lose almost all trades).

That said, he's vastly better in bot lane than top.

radicalratx

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
I find this to be very true. I'm not crazy high elo but I've done very well with cho bot lane. His scaling and cc are amazing.

Sure very good opponents make landing q harder but watching their dodge reactions and compensating for that in addition to mindgames make landing q to w a very real possibility . And melee champs make q very easy to land. Either they move and you retreat or they get hit by your combo.

Also casting q out of bushes makes it even easier.

konfetarius

01-08-2013

Quote:
leaving him as an unreliable burst caster (missing either Q or W will make you lose almost all trades).
The converse is that hitting both makes you pretty much win trades and will guarantee a kill if other people are involved. If you sneak in a QE combo on a cluster of heroes, that's basically leaving them helpless for 3-4 seconds.

I think Cho'Gath is simply very hard to play against people who know to dodge and extremely unforgiving of mistakes, but the pay off is there.