One Tier List to rule them all

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eloquid

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
You know you can edit a previous comment rather than post two, right?

Max tankiness and CDR with Janna, and be annoying. Frozen Heart, Shurelya's, etc.

Singed has too many people that can stop him. He might be stronger with new Tear, and might even be stronger once we get our faster charging Tear and RoA. But in the end all he can do is push the lane.
Haha sorry you're right, and thanks for the tip. But pushing the lane is not all Singed does. He crowd controls like crazy with his glue and fling, and fixes kills for allies in huge amounts. I usually go like 10/3/15 with him. Dominion is actually ideal for him because of many opportunities of flinging enemy to capture point where it starts shooting at them, passive farming of minions with his poison while keeping at running. Also, fights happen often at entrances to your or enemy bases. At your base you can often fling enemy to your laser, and at their base you just throw glue at the entrance so poor ******* can't escape. It's hilarious how good he is. Of course, I'm not high elo, but even at my level most people know not to chase Singed, but it still wrecks. On such a small map somebody is almost always in poison mist, chasing or not. I find him to be actually much stronger than that butt plug Teemo which is supposed to be cheesecake tier, especially after the recent nerf.

Stark Midnight

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
Singed is Tier 4 now?? Wtf, I stump with him.
I'm going to have to agree. He should be moved up to tier 3 on top and tier 2 on bot. Singed is balanced and isn't overly weak. This is the definition of tier 3, the guys in the middle. On bot singed is actually slightly above average. He can easily freeze bot lane and it's almost impossible to gank him if he's competent.

Goldoche1337

12-16-2012

Good work

Sauron

12-16-2012

Singed moved up to tier 3 on top lane now that I'm seeing Tear-start Singed work well. You guys are correct, his base numbers with BFT don't warrant tier 4 even in top lane.

Currently the meta is pretty strong on poke, %damage, and penetration so Singed has a lot of trouble in general high Elo games and especially in tournaments. I'm also seeing a considerable increase in the number of Ignites per game, likely due to the Exhaust changes.

Renekton has been moved up in bot lane as well; inFe eD's been playing him a lot and I've seen the improvements with the Fury changes. Renekton is able to stun very frequently now, and the uninterruptible delay on the attack means it will go off even when CC'd which almost always works in his favor.

NamKim

12-16-2012

Question: Why is Sauron not on this list?

R Sterling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

Why is Nidalee not a Tier 2 champion?

From an SR standpoint, I find Nidalee to be the strongest champion in the game. That being said, I find her equally strong in Dominion. Her jungle presence is tremendous, and her damage is amongst the highest (if not the highest) in game. She has very high mobility in jungle and around points, and provides non OP wards around the map that now deal considerable damage with BFT.

I think that she's the most difficult champion in the game to play. However I find that for those who play her correctly, she can single-handedly carry a game (I've seen this time and time again on both maps).

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Tier 3 Nidalee is ridiculous, the champion is at least tier 1.

Skill level it takes to play a champion shouldn't be a relevant factor in tier lists, especially when you are writing on the basis of high elo players. Poke and mobility is borderline ridiculous.

Nyx87

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Renekton has been moved up in bot lane as well; inFe eD's been playing him a lot and I've seen the improvements with the Fury changes. Renekton is able to stun very frequently now, and the uninterruptible delay on the attack means it will go off even when CC'd which almost always works in his favor.
Being a lane bully, Renekton was always decently strong and since he has always had minions around to charge his fury it wasn't a problem bot lane. Or is it that he is stronger now since he can control the HP relic for additional fury? Either way, I'm happy to see more of the guy, he's a lot of fun.

Quote:
Tier 3 Nidalee is ridiculous, the champion is at least tier 1.
Nidalee is very make or break on landing the Javelins. Land good ones and you're golden. Miss enough of them and you are essentially 4v5. Also, Nidalee doesn't really contribute much to team fights out side of her heal and occasional Cougar assassination attempts.

Bma

12-17-2012

Good Nidalee players are likely to land a reasonable percentage of those spears, so a 4v5 situation is unlikely to occur. Her point control is among the best and her mobility makes her almost impossible to catch unless she commits. As long as Nidalee is alive, every time you try to cap a point you are delayed simply because she is going to throw a spear. It's not possible to catch her when she does this, and if you don't have two players, you are not taking that point p.much. I'm pretty sure you'd know what I'm talking about.

Also, her ganks aren't particularly bad and she has some good jungle control, almost to the point where the enemy team might not even want to go through it, which is always a plus. In theory her cougar form is bad in teamfighting but it's actually pretty good if you landed a few spears before the fight. And ultimately landing one-two spears has practically won you control of the point before it even starts.

Only time when I'd argue that she's bad is early game but when you consider how the respawn/comeback mechanics work early game isn't really that relevant. Idk how I can be the only one who thinks that Nidalee is better than at least half of the champions in tier 2. I don't have to play tournaments to know this, it's basically common sense (?)

konfetarius

12-17-2012

Nidalee is a pub stomper. She is utterly worthless against teams that don't suck at engaging. Sure, if she gets an enemy team composition that has no choice but to eat spears with no hope of ever coming close to her she will do *well,* but that's an extreme condition.

And ultimately landing one-two spears has practically won you control of the point before it even starts.

That's the crux of the issue. Landing 1-2 spears doesn't "practically win the team fight," it barely equalizes it given how useless AP nid is in a stand up fight (melee range, terrible gap closer, glass health, mediocre damage relative to all of that.) Traps are OP, though, yes. Maybe with the heal reduction change on top of it, she will make a decent support in the end, but she still has to face the fact that if you pick her as one of your primary damage dealers you are going to have a baad time.