One Tier List to rule them all

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauron

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevlJoe View Post
Where is grez lantern placed just out of curiosity?
Whoops, forgot about that item, now added. It's a tier 1 item for its cost efficient passive and free stats. It's just above Brutalizer considering the flat pen nerfs this patch.

Yohnski

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
Flask is basically...3 of them for free every time you head back to base. They also restore mana. JS.
It's also 225 gold (I think?) compared to the 35 of health pots. Health Pots fit better into most opening builds too (EX: Boots + Prospectors). They're easier to just throw little bits of leftover gold into rather than dropping a few hundred on once.

Cauldrath

12-13-2012

You start with pots, then buy the flask later most of the time. Although Vamp Scepter + Boots + Crystalline Flask is exactly the amount of gold you start with, so if you are building something out of Vamp Scepter already, you can start with that if you want a jump on your build and think your team will be able to handle itself anyway. (In other words, I start with this in bot games.)

Also, you can buy flask and pots, then drink them both at once for double the healing.

Eyemite

12-15-2012

Is it just me or am I the only one that disagrees with this tier list constantly and even more with this latest update. There are so many "top" picks on this list that I rarely see dominate and are easily overrun and "bottom" tier picks that I am seeing own 85%-90% of the time.

Orphane

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyemite View Post
Is it just me or am I the only one that disagrees with this tier list constantly and even more with this latest update. There are so many "top" picks on this list that I rarely see dominate and are easily overrun and "bottom" tier picks that I am seeing own 85%-90% of the time.
Probably because you're at a place where people can't utilize top picks effectively?

Eloquid

12-16-2012

Singed is Tier 4 now?? Wtf, I stump with him.

Eloquid

12-16-2012

And since Janna seems to be Tier 1 now, would any good soul care to tell me good build for her on Dom?

HaIfhearted

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyemite View Post
Whether you are in low, medium, or high elo Dominion will determine what sort of champs you will find to be "strong".

For example, glass cannon AD Yi, Tryndamere, and AD Sion can go absolutely ape**** on unskilled players, but when focus-fired and/or exhausted and bursted down they aren't terribly effective.

Sauron's tier list is based on his experiences as a top-tier player, which means he's listing things that he sees as being strong in high elo.

Now, you may disagree with him based on your experiences, and that's fine.
Heck, that's awesome because it means you are taking the time to form your own opinions based on your own experiences.

DiscworldDeath

12-16-2012

You know you can edit a previous comment rather than post two, right?

Max tankiness and CDR with Janna, and be annoying. Frozen Heart, Shurelya's, etc.

Singed has too many people that can stop him. He might be stronger with new Tear, and might even be stronger once we get our faster charging Tear and RoA. But in the end all he can do is push the lane.

Eyemite

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Probably because you're at a place where people can't utilize top picks effectively?
Yeah I was kinda thinking that might be one reason, although while I hover around +10-30 wins depending on how the wind is blowing I have been as high as 60+ wins and failed to see it there either. Anyway not saying your wrong was just thowing it out there. Maybe 100 - 150+ wins will make a difference if I can manage to ever be so skilled.