One Tier List to rule them all

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamJeffreyWong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2012

Thanks for the hard work. Sorry my friend, I must confess that the list was too long for me to go through. Yet I have certain opinions on the champs tiers.

I have been playing Dom a while. I am simple-minded and just picked out a few of the better champs, rather than thinking that most champs can do well in Dom. Some are just better, imo. I don't think there are as many champs that works well in Dom.

Here's my like.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2155134

Since I have been let down so many time, I start dodging now if I see a certainly failing team com. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sauron

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
You said Riot uses the PBE for bugs, not balance. But how can you use it for balance, when you've got people over 1.2k Elo apart playing in the same games, polluting the data? I mean, is that Sejuani weak because she's weak, or because an 800 Elo player on Live's playing here in a game where everyone else is 1.4k Ranked Elo and higher?

Sure, you could enforce an Elo migration, but the PBE population is pretty small as it is, and this will make actual games, to find the bugs at least, harder to come by.
I didn't mean that at all. I was implying Riot was lazy with their feedback about Darius prior to his release.

Risemix

05-26-2012

I think people dramatically overrate Riven

I've watched high elo Dominion games and the Riven players tend to run around rarely attacking because they can't get close to anything without dying or blowing all of their cooldowns to close distance

Benthon1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2012

You must really like cheesecake.

VoidInsanity

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane o noke View Post
morde last place on top lane tier makes me sad.
But its also true. Morde is a pissweak champion early on and everything bashes his head in, especially in a teamfight situation. He can only survive bot lane due to the shield generation he can get from a creepwave.

As for the tier list itself, it is practically spot on. Nail on the head. Only things I'd change are

1 - moving Hextech Sweeper up to Cheesecake tier and putting Wardens mail first (rushing that item is near broken in alot of situations).

2 - I also wouldn't put Mordekaiser that high on the T2 list. He has no escape or CC which limits his options, he is forced to be defensive. Other champions such as Udyr and Kayle can do the same thing he can, and kayle is arguably stronger than he is lategame too (that ultimate has a really low CD). Mordekaiser is more of a counterpick champion used for getting a good ghost, and vs heavy melee teams. As a stand alone champion he isn't very strong, his primary role is to counter Jax.

3 - Alistar T1 bot is questionable.

A Very good and accurate list.

Redenbacher

05-26-2012

When you say 'Teemo' is Tier 2, are you referring to a particular build? Bruiser Teemo? AP Teemo? AS/On-hit Teemo? Movespeed 5x Zeal Teemo?

Sauron

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
I think people dramatically overrate Riven

I've watched high elo Dominion games and the Riven players tend to run around rarely attacking because they can't get close to anything without dying or blowing all of their cooldowns to close distance
Talith PA and Castlecard are two Riven players that really know her skills in and out. Riven is very strong and up to late game, can hold her own against a lot of different champs. Lategame it gets a little spammy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicleX View Post
But its also true. Morde is a pissweak champion early on and everything bashes his head in, especially in a teamfight situation. He can only survive bot lane due to the shield generation he can get from a creepwave.

As for the tier list itself, it is practically spot on. Nail on the head. Only things I'd change are

1 - moving Hextech Sweeper up to Cheesecake tier and putting Wardens mail first (rushing that item is near broken in alot of situations).

2 - I also wouldn't put Mordekaiser that high on the T2 list. He has no escape or CC which limits his options, he is forced to be defensive. Other champions such as Udyr and Kayle can do the same thing he can, and kayle is arguably stronger than he is lategame too (that ultimate has a really low CD). Mordekaiser is more of a counterpick champion used for getting a good ghost, and vs heavy melee teams. As a stand alone champion he isn't very strong, his primary role is to counter Jax.

3 - Alistar T1 bot is questionable.

A Very good and accurate list.
1). I agree with them being strong items, but I don't think Sweeper outdoes the others. FH gets first place because its aura applies to the wrong stat (total AS) and Trinity is strong and can be built piecemeal and still be effective.

2). Mordekaiser when played well can actually beat out a lot of different bot laners. In bot lane he gets the opportunity to stack the defense type of his opponent (warden's, abyssal) while buying mpen to continue doing damage. He certainly has a weak earlygame but if he's bot lane he can get rolling pretty quickly. We've used him in tournaments before when we knew the opposing bot laner was going to be a carry of some kind.

3). I really have been impressed with Ali's ability to destroy bot lane early on against most champions and then keep it going with a carry-type item build. I think he's the new underdog of Dominion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
When you say 'Teemo' is Tier 2, are you referring to a particular build? Bruiser Teemo? AP Teemo? AS/On-hit Teemo? Movespeed 5x Zeal Teemo?
Its typically AP Teemo that gets used in tournaments due to his utility and general trading power, but a lot of people can play AS/AP Teemo pretty effectively. The key is the shrooms giving vision, especially with Sweeper, allowing his team to respond much more effectively to jungle battles.

Helixes

05-26-2012

LuLu?

God apparently I'm playing her wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benthon1 View Post
You must really like cheesecake.
Cheesecake = Bacon > all other things.

VoidInsanity

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
2). Mordekaiser when played well can actually beat out a lot of different bot laners. In bot lane he gets the opportunity to stack the defense type of his opponent (warden's, abyssal) while buying mpen to continue doing damage. He certainly has a weak earlygame but if he's bot lane he can get rolling pretty quickly. We've used him in tournaments before when we knew the opposing bot laner was going to be a carry of some kind.
Trust me I know, I have surprised alot of people with what lanes I can beat as Morde. However he still looses to anything he cant hit back which is alot of champions in dominion. While morde is a nice counterpick due to the utility his ghost can potentially provide that doesn't mean he himself is better than other champions, he is highly situational and should be treated as a dedicated counterpick. Thats why I feel his placement is too high, situational champions should be midtier at most.

Laurix

05-26-2012

Big mistake.