One Tier List to rule them all

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

Senior Member

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euthrosyne View Post
Not sure if I recall this correctly, but bot lane Alistar works by lots of sustain, and as such, you want to max out your heal ASAP, then your CC. Since the heal cooldowns on minion death, it's up a lot more often than at top, and helps with his sustain and damage.

Take a look at this game: http://lolmatches.com/match/na400434889

Sauron was laning bot against this Alistar, and had a lot of trouble until Jax's scaling kicked in late game.
Oh dear god, please don't bring that game up. The only reason Sauron was having trouble was he because he was forced to switch lanes and got matched up with a freefarmed Alistar. The amount of herpaderp was stronk.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauron

Senior Member

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euthrosyne View Post
Not sure if I recall this correctly, but bot lane Alistar works by lots of sustain, and as such, you want to max out your heal ASAP, then your CC. Since the heal cooldowns on minion death, it's up a lot more often than at top, and helps with his sustain and damage.

Take a look at this game: http://lolmatches.com/match/na400434889

Sauron was laning bot against this Alistar, and had a lot of trouble until Jax's scaling kicked in late game.
Yeah that was a straight up ArPen build that rushed Trinity. Our Skarner might have been a bad player, but he got his ass kicked by it. It was surprisingly effective.

I'm not sure about the skilling order on bot lane Ali, but I've known for a while he's a great counter to many champs down there. I just didn't expect ArPen to be an ingredient.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cameran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-26-2012

So I'm curious, Sauron:

I feel like my most successful dominion teams have one of the following top: Ali, Blitz, Leona (and to a lesser extent maybe Mao, J4, Malph). Is this a role that moves up the tier list as a must have if there isn't one yet on the team, or am I crazy?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauron

Senior Member

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameran View Post
So I'm curious, Sauron:

I feel like my most successful dominion teams have one of the following top: Ali, Blitz, Leona (and to a lesser extent maybe Mao, J4, Malph). Is this a role that moves up the tier list as a must have if there isn't one yet on the team, or am I crazy?
Those are all initiators, some of them very tanky, so it greatly increases top's teamfighting capabilities as well as their ability to protect any ranged AD the team might have. It is usually not necessary to have more than one, however.

CC is good. Ali, Blitz, and Malph are some of the best in my opinion. If the team doesn't have someone like them by the time you're picking, yes, their value in the list is moved up a lot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-26-2012

Haven't played lately but I see you have the new champ tier 1. Is he that good? I mean, he seemed OP as heck from reading about him but I have yet to see him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauron

Senior Member

05-26-2012

Basically Riot got lazy and said PBE is for bugs and not balance, then copied and pasted him onto Live.

I think his ult and bleed damages could use some reducing. He's pretty crazy on TT as well. He might not get nerfed though simply because he has no sustain for SR.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-26-2012

still think teemo is poop from a butt

either that or every teemo player is that. another likely scenario

why do you say viktor is worse than veigar. viktor also has an aoe stun and doesn't need to farm his Q. augment Q gives you lots of mobility which veigar has none of


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

05-26-2012

Sauron, how can you use PBE for balance when you have 2k Elo and 600 Elo players playing in the same games? I've spectated some of their games, it's often hilarious.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauron

Senior Member

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
why do you say viktor is worse than veigar. viktor also has an aoe stun and doesn't need to farm his Q. augment Q gives you lots of mobility which veigar has none of
Veigar can do a large burst and contributes well to team fights, as well as he can place that stun a nice distance away to avoid bad scenarios. Experience has shown me that Viktor isn't terribly great even when played optimally, and that I'd rather have Veigar on the team in his place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Sauron, how can you use PBE for balance when you have 2k Elo and 600 Elo players playing in the same games? I've spectated some of their games, it's often hilarious.
Uh, what?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

05-26-2012

You said Riot uses the PBE for bugs, not balance. But how can you use it for balance, when you've got people over 1.2k Elo apart playing in the same games, polluting the data? I mean, is that Sejuani weak because she's weak, or because an 800 Elo player on Live's playing here in a game where everyone else is 1.4k Ranked Elo and higher?

Sure, you could enforce an Elo migration, but the PBE population is pretty small as it is, and this will make actual games, to find the bugs at least, harder to come by.