One Tier List to rule them all

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauron

06-06-2012

Udyr does not contribute much in windmill and jungle skirmishes. No poke, no good gap closer, minimal CC, minimal escape... sure he's got damage and shield, but both rely pretty heavily on items and minions to work. In top lane he doesn't get the gold advantage to deal with most tanky dps.

That said, Udyr in bot lane is a real annoyance to fight.

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

How is Draven in Dominion? Worth using at mid (1550-1650) elo?

Sauron

06-07-2012

He seems good but I haven't played him enough to place him anywhere yet.

Tortferngatr

06-08-2012

Why should Karth only be played bot lane? You said yourself he isn't bad top. Karth actually has a fairly significant contribution to the team-by leveling his wall intermittently at levels 3, 4, 10, and the last two between 12 and 18, he can actually use it as a good support move. His kit synergizes excellently with Hextech Sweeper, and Rylai's as well. He can still defend towers like a boss, and by getting Chalice/Tear+Sweeper over RoA, you gain a good deal of utility early without sacrificing build time.

While my elo is fairly underwhelming, I do have to question why Karth is placed in the same tier for top lane as...Udyr.

Also, can you please explain the bugs on his abilities? I have not noticed them.

Anyways, thank you for making this list . Mordor can't be ALL that bad if you have things like this there.

Panwar

06-08-2012

Karthus really only defends a tower good in a team fight or if someone is dumb enough to stand near him after he dies.

All it takes is one burst assassin or a couple of bruisers to kill him in a couple of seconds and then stand back for 7 seconds and then cap. Sometimes that 7 seconds makes a difference. But usually not.

Tortferngatr

06-08-2012

Part of his play IS to stick to his team. Why do you think I take levels in W earlier than normal? His team support capabilities as a damaging AP champ are why I think he can viably go top.

Additionally, thanks to Sweeper, Karthus has incredible brush check capabilities. With Rylai's and a few mage armor/MR items (like Shroud/Frozen Heart, Warden's/Randuin's, Abyssal Scepter, Chalice/Grail,) on top of the Sweeper, Karthus can actually take just enough hits to get where he needs to.

Sauron

06-08-2012

Karthus does do moderately well in top lane, but he also does well in top lane while he's holding bot. I much prefer Karthus bot especially in physical heavy teams with earlygame champs because the damage mix gives them a good advantage, especially if you spec CDR so that the ult is up every 70 seconds, and helps them scale into lategame.

Yeah the wall is really nice, and the brush checking ability is good, but if you're close enough to check a brush then you're generally only a split second away from a gap closer being in range.

I could move Karthus up to a proper placement in top lane (probably the front of tier 3). Tier 5 is basically just a no-placement tier.

Tortferngatr

06-08-2012

I'd enjoy that greatly. Thank you if you do so.

(although I do disagree about the gap closer thing relative to brushcheck-it also makes a nice way to check for enemies behind points, and keep in mind that you have plenty of escape mechanisms from your Q range-wall, Rylai's procs, heck even Warden's Mail if you get it.)

(also still waiting on explanation of his "frustrating bugs.")

inFe eD

06-10-2012

Orianna --> Cheesecake Tier bot.

Mike Robz

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Orianna --> Cheesecake Tier bot.

Tanky Orianna gave me a run for my money playing as AD malz bot. In the end she lost, but it was not like most games where the opposing team sends 4 or 5 different people to try and stop me bottom.