The Tribunal: The First Year

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baby Husky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2012

51% of tribunal cases have been judged guilty. I guess you can't say that the tribunal is an auto punish system after all.

Omnicrit

05-25-2012

why not offer a RP reward instead of a tiny ip reward. I could Q then surrender at 20minutes and make more than the tribunal gives.

Laugh0utL0ud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2012

Never even got a warning cause I dont rage all day at my teammates its as simple as that rage in private or over skype but not in game. Summoners code ppl

Arcane Azmadi

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Actually, we do a lot of math to ensure that players who spam Punish do very poorly in the Tribunal and some even lose their privileges.

Considering that about ~50% of cases result in a Punish in the Tribunal these days, you are no better spamming Punish then spamming Pardon at this point.
Since you're posting stats, can we get the stats on that? I'd be interested in seeing exactly how many players have lost their privileges because of punish spamming; that'd give us something to shut up the whiny "OMG TRIBUNAL SUX" element.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValkyriaSoul View Post
Wow, I'm glad the changes are there but why are so many people complaining. act respectful to teammates, don't intentionally feed, etc and you won't get temporarily banned. I've never been banned by the tribunal.
Why do you think they're ending up in the Tribunal in the first place? Because they're dooshebags. Of COURSE they'll complain about any system that will inhibit their ability to act like jerks to people, as far as they're concerned the whole world revolves around them.

ShadowPraxis

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinoid View Post
You want to remove one of the only small benefits to doing the Tribunal other than getting kids who say "haha wow ur bad" banned for 4 days, and replace it with a report card saying hey! these people got banned GJ!.
or is that just an addition
I wouldn't call cleaning toxic elements out of the community a "small benefit."

Hell, I'd do it for free since the IP reward is so minimal that I don't even care about them when they come in. I just like the idea of helping get awful people out of the game.

And honestly, it does seem to be working. It used to be that maybe every other game would see reports. Now it's maybe every fourth or fifth game. Also, I'm seeing more Pardon votes (or, to be fair, cases that I skip because I feel they're borderline and I don't feel comfortable weighing in one way or the other) coming out of my hands these days than I used to say, six months ago.

Akorvyr

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavagePeaches View Post
I have to ask, but are there any rewards for doing tribunal case?
Not that i need one to do them, just wonder.
that's what i'm wondering, i've done about 100 cases myself and got nothing out of it. Maybe I should dismiss an accurate judgement and spam punish.

S0T0

Recruiter

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyPiranha View Post
GJ tribunal, LoL has only the SECOND worse community in gaming, first being CoD. Now, HIT ME WITH DEM DOWN VOTES!
Can't say thats downvoteable. Truth hurts.

The Beekeeper

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Right now you get 5 IP per correct case; however, I'd like to remove that and instead provide players with some 'report cards' about their Tribunal performance and some data on how much they impacted our community and helped make it a better place.
Then players who participate in Tribunal cases will most likely shy away from it, unless they are rewarded a forum badge or some other title.

The Red Cross sends me a pamphlet/letter every month about how I have helped people by donating some of my blood--an attempt to encourage me to continue donating. The first time I donated blood, I received a t-shirt. Honestly I was more interested in serving a cause, but the small prize was nice as well. Every time I have donated since then, I've received nothing save for the letters and constant phone calls. Lately, I have shied away from donating blood(I don't really like the nasty feeling afterward anyway). Aside from "helping" so many people, I don't find it as attractive or rewarding as say, donating plasma and getting paid for it.

TLDR: People like rewards. Some people do it for the "power" and others for the IP. Don't take away half of the participants.
See what I mean?

Solari Brigadier

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweep321 View Post
"Over 700 individual cases were personally reviewed by Lyte and me"

By Lyte and I**
Actually, it is "by Lyte and me." Remove the 'Lyte and' and "personally reviewed by I" is obviously incorrect; therefore it is "Lyte and me."

Illusive Furry

05-25-2012

Fruad alert!