Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Tribunal: The First Year

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hrkz

05-27-2012

Just wanted to say this.

I've been banned by the tribunal many times. (probably 4 times+)
Want to know something? It's because I was being a Dbag when somebody would do something stupid or whatever. It is working, and I have completely changed as a player since then.

If you're like me and can easily get angry in ranked over someone just remove your all chat and ignore the player that is setting you off. This might seem silly but since doing this i've completely turned my match history around because I am staying relaxed throughout each game not bringing the anger from last game into the next.
Idiots will still make you mad but there is no reason to reply to them, just block them and get over it and try to enjoy the game.

Riot i've been a player since CBT and just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work. I love the game League of Legends and want to be a more positive influence ingame, so cheers!

Orion69

05-27-2012

Never been banned club.

VaporizeX

05-27-2012

I wouldn't be proud of this broken system or its statistics. You guys have made good progress on making the game better lately, no progress on the Trib. The Trib is a broken system that doesn't belong in a free to play game. The system that Dota2 uses is better, and I am sure it will improve before the game is released.

Zekas

05-27-2012

I've been active in the tribunal as well, and I several times recognized cases I already had reviewed. But if that's because you were throwing in new stuff, it's all good.

I decided to get more active in the tribunal as well, since I felt like some statistics were missing before, but I didn't get the same feeling when I now picked it up again. Information is power, as you know, so having lots of information is bound to make the verdicts more accurate.

Lazdaa

05-27-2012

Am i the only one where the tribunal isnt Working Right now?

Mysnomer

05-27-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
Right now you get 5 IP per correct case; however, I'd like to remove that and instead provide players with some 'report cards' about their Tribunal performance and some data on how much they impacted our community and helped make it a better place.

This is preposterous. Fully evaluating a case is ponderous work, and the reward is meager as is. If there was no reward, why would you do it? For some nebulous idea of a better community? That's naive at best. Additionally, the idea that you don't want to attract people in it solely for the profit is moot, because you already have systems in place to weed them out.

As someone who thoroughly reviews all cases to reach the best conclusion, I would drop the tribunal like a hot rock if there wasn't compensation (of value).

If you're really determined to discourage those only in it for the IP, then gate the earnings behind a consistent record of success. More-so than just having the right vote, make a probational period for anyone just starting to review tribunal cases. Thus, you can have your Fort Knox of security over your system, and those who do a good job still get rewarded. And now that you've virtually eliminated farming, you can bump the IP reward up to a decent amount as well...

D4RK3W0LF

05-27-2012

Half of all cases are punish worthy. Seems legit.

Taoist Magic

05-27-2012

47 Million eh?
and you say 2 of you have personally reviewed 700?

...dunno if I would mention that to this community...
just sayin

Artamisprime777

05-27-2012

47 Million eh?
and you say 2 of you have personally reviewed 700?

...dunno if I would mention that to this community...
just sayin

^ this, Also teammates, good teamwork, no being noob and divin, beat all thier kits; and WARDS!!!! = LoL

No rage either pls, have fun no matter what!

ExFiery

05-27-2012

The people perma-banned then never played again and riot lost money and the player.