Good AP carry to carry ranked games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

moonway

05-25-2012

coming from a 2.1k elo player, ahri is the best to pubstomp because of her ability to roam the map easily and can snowball out of control. once you get fed and/or farmed, you can punish their ad carry for trying to freeze bot lane by instagibbing them.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2012

Hey guys, just played another game and i lost with karthus and did horrible. 2/11. I had not played him for a while and decided i might go back to playing ryze. MY only problem is, how is he after the change? I want to build him tanky again like he was before but i see everyone else building ROA on him > banshees. Opinions?
Aside from ryze im also going to start playing AD carries too. I am leader alot of the time but after that game..im not too sure anymore... Wish me luck guys

G Lovv

05-26-2012

Imo, if you're banning, don't ban kass and instead pick him yourself. Ryze is still very strong from what I've seen, but I don't own him so I don't know for sure.

It sounds like what you're looking for is more of a pubstomp champ, and I don't see a great one in your champ list... Not saying you can't carry hard with your champs, just that their are others that might be better suited to carrying hard enough to win a game by themselves (kass excluded). In my experience, whichever champ you use, you should be pushing your lane hard and ganking other lanes in addition to winning your lane.

If you're open to considering other champs, both morgana (often banned, but really strong pick against most other mids if she's not) and AP Sion (situational pick, but strong ganks and one of the best lane clearing abilities in the game) are both relatively cheap (1350 ip) and might be more along the lines of what it sounds like you're looking for.

Of course, there are other, more expensive champs that work too...

martini0072

05-26-2012

honestly mid isnt about wich champion is good, its about wich champion is better agenst wich champion. say kassadin for example. hes good agenst veigar but he doesnt stand a chance agenst morgana. and morgana is good agenst kassadin but gets pooped on by ahri. and ahri is good agenst morgana but veigar makes ahri sad. a helpful tool is www.championselect.net for just this sort of thing

Mestaaja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2012

Ryze is still just as good as before the "nerf", and I think you can still build him tanky. So if you know how to play him I'd say he's still a pretty safe pick. Gragas is also a really good pick if you're good with him. Gragas after lvl 6 is pretty much impossible to gank.

CrimsonV

05-28-2012

no one ap carry will be able to carry you since there are counters to each, but some are pub stompers...lb is great with her short cooldowns and her silence that prevents the other ap from casting spells, akali can demolish teams if you get fed, fizz shuts out the more squishy aps with his mobility and high burst, xerath has good survivability while still being able to output alot of damage, kassadin/ahri/tf have great ganks, etc

Leggif

07-24-2012

Just keep trying champions out.
To be brutally honest, seeing as you have only played 11 games in total your elo will most likely fluctuate like crazy until u get somewhere around 50 - 100 games.
Just keep practicing

Haivo128

07-24-2012

I own all the champions that you play mid with as well, (Mid is also my main role in Ranked) I am currently just hanging out at the high 1500s to low 1600s. Ryze/Gragas are definitely the stronger picks in what you have, because even if you aren't fed a lot of kills or any at all, those champions farm well and do a ton of damage in a team fight scenario.

Gragas - Once you get enough AP to the point of 1 shotting minion waves you can go for ganks bot/top lane while their mid is missing CS from being pushed into tower. Also his E is a great escape tool for when enemy junglers are present. Seriously has saved me a bunch of times. Also great for rushing to the side lanes for ganks.

Ryze - Tanky AP Late Game that does as much damage or even more then the 2 shottable AP Champs? Nuff said. Can also set up easy kills with junglers against enemy mids. Low cooldowns, easy to play, will always do good late game if allowed to get there.