Good AP carry to carry ranked games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2012

hi guys, ive recently started playing ranked again and im doing ok 8wins and 3 losses, 1383 elo. However ive recently just lossed two in a row and i dont want to go on a massive losing spree. I have a partner to du o with, he tops and i mid but im trying to find the best ap carry out of the ap carries i play. My current ap champions are as follows: kassadin (almost always banned, i often ban him), gragas, karthus, veigar, ryze (havent played him in a while), xerath (havent tried him in ranked.). These are the champions i am most confortable with but im hoping to add swain to my list soon.
Which out of these are best to carry myself with? (excluding kass)

thanks guys

Dane Belthound

05-25-2012

Ryze is probably best for carrying. Karthus is a great champ if played well but wouldn't say that he carries. I have seen a lot of awesome gargas as well.

However, I hope you and your partner play more than one role. People are not going to be receptive to you claiming top and mid every match if you are 4 or 5 pick or someone before you claims those lanes. Make sure you know how to play every role.

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2012

Also know how to play an AD carry well. And by 'well', i mean being able to farm effectively with a potentially good-for-nothing "support", so you can do your job mid/end game with your ridiculous dps.

kaleb bartlett

05-25-2012

i'm not familiar with ranked so take this with a grain of salt.

I would personally pick viegar. ranged multi-person stun, his w can check bushes, and as he CSes he picks up 'free' ap (if last hitting with q) He can shut down their ap carry, and deal a good chunk of damage to the supports. the only problem is he has longish cooldowns on his skills and is mana hungry, but the new chalice helps with both of those problems and gives a good chunk of ap aswell.

Crazy Crann

05-25-2012

Malzahar. AoE silence that can check bushes, suppression ult that works in brutal tandem with his AoE %-max-health-damaging w, and a mana-restorer in his E that can also help close out kills when combined with Ignite and his minions.

He's also one of the best pushers in the game, tough to gank, and has some outright brutal ganks if your timing is good.

Dane Belthound

05-25-2012

Malz wasn't one of the options he threw out and veigar is easily countered.

DigitalZeitgeist

05-25-2012

ryze is indeed a good carry however I would also consider annie since she can get way fed and overpowered before the other team realizes how strong you are.

Crazy Crann

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Belthound View Post
Malz wasn't one of the options he threw out and veigar is easily countered.
Ahh, right, sorry. Misread the OP (I thought it was a list of champions he had played, and was looking to expand.)

Of that list, Ryze and Gragas are my favourites. Gragas can be really nasty if you're good with him (I'm not, but I've seen players who are); Ryze just has massive burst and decent survivability, for an AP champ.

Meito

Senior Recruiter

05-25-2012

I think you should play fizz cause he is really bursty and counters most ap mid.

Leapy

05-25-2012

Vlad is a good carry if you wanted to try him out, but I also play Veigar a lot, too. I build his rune page with all flat MR. For masteries I go 9/3/18 taking mr in the defensive tree. If you start with the 400 gold mr item, you start with 98 MR. With that, you can farm your Q freely without any worry of getting burst down by their ap carry. Not to mention, without only the 4 base ap at lvl 1 from the masteries, if you're farming your Q, your poke is still much greater than their's in lane.