Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking for Taric item build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bruteporcupine

08-20-2010

I've had taric for a while now but i never found or made a build that i find effective or i enjoy using.
I tried 3 or 4 builds but not one i really liked.
I'm hoping that you can give me one or inspiration for one.
Thx.

Railen

08-20-2010

What builds did you not like? Aura builds? AP builds?

Try a IAS / Crit build, at max level you get 90 damage from your ult so with just an infinity edge for added damage you have that covered, build a Zeal, then a IE, then finish a phantom dancer and murder some fools. Lategame you will want to supplement your regen from your ult with some life leach, but even with 0 mana items its amazing how long you can have your ult up as long as you are swinging your hammer.

To put it in perspective Sion, another very hard hitter only gets 65 AD from Enrage, you get 90 from your ult...

berzerk dragon

08-20-2010

I go aura crazy with Taric. I start with Mana Manipulator and then build into

Aegis of the Legion
Boots
Soul Shroud
Abyssal Scepter
Stark's Fervor
Will of the Ancients/Nashor's Tooth/Randuin's Omen/Frozen Heart/Something

Nothing quite like making your teammates super buff...

Enjaden

08-20-2010

I've had a lot of luck with Sheen.

Mana Sapphire
Sheen
Relevant boots
Stinger

Then you have some choices. You can start heading towards Aegis, or you can finish up your Nashor's Tooth, or you can go get Lichbane. Lately I've been going to Lichbane first and then Aegis or Nashor's depending on comp and team needs. Conversely, if it's getting late and we're trying to push, I'll get a Chalice for longer ult sustainability. If you're trying to play a healbot, this build is probably not for you. This is more of a cutesy almost self-sufficient Taric that will make whoever you decide is your special friend love you long time, and you can occasionally get a kill for yourself. You are a house from levels 5-11, and then you get eclipsed by the carries.

Aemon Darkstar

08-20-2010

Personally, I played Taric as a support Champ with a bit of DPS thrown in for the mana gain and team fights. My build went like-:

Mana Manipulator (sometimes took it to Soul Shroud)
Aegis of Legions
Berserker Greaves/Ninja Tabi/Merc Treads (more often Ninja Tabi/Merc treads)
Nashor's Tooth if I ever got that far
And if its still going on, Randuin's/Frozen Heart/Starks, whatever floats your boat. Banshee's Veil if opponents are caster heavy.

Basically makes Taric a team-lover guy and a solid tank, who keeps healing his carries and buffing their damage through the roof with Radiance & Aegis. Excellent lane presence too with mana gain and regen.

Chingmeister

08-20-2010

I am a fan favorite of MR part of chalice or basic boots > chalice + basic boots > sunfire > merc thrads > sunfire x 3.

Devownious

08-20-2010

Now that taric only heals himself during his ult, he is a bit harder to go pure aura. Aegis is always a great item on a support or off tank, and Taric really needs a chalice unless youre going some other mana item or massive mana runes.

Aside from Chalice and Aegis, you should really build him depending on the other team comp and your own team.

Soul Shroud is a great aura item, but is it going to help your team that much for what it costs? Are people close to max CD? Maybe you need the cd but others might not, a spirit visage is much more cost effecient.

Do you have a serious tank? Or are they going more AP scion/rammus? You might need to get some more defensive items instead of getting that frozen mallet which although has hp, is an offensive item.

Is your team AoE? Randuins will help the opponent stay in that aoe that you are also ulting in and keeps you alive.

Tarics a great all around hero, and after his ult got nerfed he can't be built into a cookie cutter item build anymore. You should usually get aegis, chalice, and mercs, but the rest is all meta-game and helping your team do what they do best, or help strengthen their weakness if possible.