By the way, Morgana isn't a carry.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIM7Sparrow

08-23-2010

So stop maxing Dark Binding before Shield. Your job is to protect your carries and to ult as many people on the enemy team you can. 2s from a level 1 Q is more than enough for your allies to take advantage of.

There's also no need to buy a soulstealer and get 500 AP. Get some survivability so you can keep spamming shields and Q's.

Thanks.

Leirkov

08-23-2010

b-b-b-b-b-BUT SNIPER I NEED TO DO LEET DAMAGE WITH MY SKILLSHOT THAT I CAN'T AIM.

zAPPzAPP

08-23-2010

You are just afraid to get binded by a 500+AP Morgana!
*tinfoil-hat*

Manicslayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
So stop maxing Dark Binding before Shield. Your job is to protect your carries and to ult as many people on the enemy team you can. 2s from a level 1 Q is more than enough for your allies to take advantage of.

There's also no need to buy a soulstealer and get 500 AP. Get some survivability so you can keep spamming shields and Q's.

Thanks.
Cool Story Bro

But seriously, Morgana isn't a carry, though I think she still needs healthy AP to be effective.

LoathedOne

08-23-2010

Black shield absorbs more damage as you have more AP so getting AP would protect people from more magic damage..and shield breaking less from one hit meaning less people dying. Then the extra damage on otherr skills is nice too.

yellowfrog

08-23-2010

Um, you know there are different ways of playing Morgana. If she's not dying and doing well why not build AP and do good damage. Not every Morgana has to be played purely as support.

On a decent team she's the queen of assists anyway, she'll rarely get the finishing blow. The stacks build up fast and with a fully charged Mejai she can go for more survivability instead. What's the problem again?

Asuran

08-23-2010

The problem obviously was that he was a lane partner with a Morgana who didn't level her shield and he fed. She proceeded to look out for herself because she decided "Dude, this carry just jumped in and fed, I'm going to have to carry this lane so I better diverge from my normal build because shielding him will be a waste of time" *Proceeds to AP stack*

Seriously though, many Morg's are used to mid where shield doesn't do a huge amount of good in comparison to Binding and Soil. Morgs just need to know when they have a lane partner that Shield should take priority because it is stupidly overpowered early game if leveled quickly.

malphismia

08-23-2010

Doesn't she have amazing AP ratios on all her abilities.

1337SuperNewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-23-2010

Protip: there's no one right way to build morg.

For example: You're laning against Garen & Ashe. You're not going to max shield any time soon as their damage is primarily physical. One level could be nice to counter silence/ashe slow/ashe ult stun, but putting serious levels into it would be worse than soil or binding.

Another example: you're laning with Rammus. You want maxed soil and a bit of binding to deal out damage, since the shield will primarily be used on yourself and they're going to be held down quite nicely as is.

Fluffy1

08-23-2010

morgana's great ratios are a deception and the reason why an AP heavy build doesnt work too well, you have 2 sources of damage, your ult and your snare+pit combo. her ult has a high base damage and a massive ratio if you can pull off the second hit, problem is without a decent survival rate your ult will never get the second hit as you die instantly.and if you try the z ring trick people will just move away and hit you 2 seconds later.

your other source of damage is the snare pit combo, both of these do terrible damage on their own till you get some serious AP and to get the most out of them you need both at the same time which means your entire damage is relying on you hitting with binding. which a slow, weird shaped and easy to dodge skillshot. your shield will be pretty powerfull but it wont save you vs focus fire, 500 AP will only save you vs 2 spells tops.

morgana should be played as a tanky caster since her damage is too inconsistent to be relied on, 150 AP and survival means her ult alone does 1k damage which is more than enough contribution for the team.