does anyone else find it kind of disturbing...

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheIcyPenguin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

Will this make Pantheon, Talon and Renekton played more?

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
A focus on offensive stats that are specific to AD Casters, and trying to make a compelling unique passive that narrowly appeals to this subset. No details now since they're rapidly changing.
So AD + CDR?

Gaeta

05-24-2012

Quote:
A focus on offensive stats that are specific to AD Casters, and trying to make a compelling unique passive that narrowly appeals to this subset. No details now since they're rapidly changing.
Can you tell us about an idea that was considered, but has now been discarded? Just so we understand the type of thinking you're doing, without setting any expectations.

TheIcyPenguin

05-24-2012

Quote:
Will this make Pantheon, Talon and other AD casters played more often?

Dricenticore

05-24-2012

Quote:
Yeah see if they just released for example an AD spell vamp item, or a high HP AD item, then a lot of carries would pick them up anyway.

Like, imagine if Nashor's Tooth gave 80 ability power. Why would anyone take Morello's? Remember when Gunblade was so good that straight up AP/AD champions were buying 1 or 2 a game?

Tricky balance to make an item good on a certain type of character, while still useable but less good on other types, without giving it some totally outrageous stat like "Your physical spells do 10% extra damage"

I expect some kind of Brutalizer upgrade, a Gunblade side-grade, and an AD item with a nuke on it (Think AD DFG)

Guardman

05-24-2012

At this point I would settle for just a legendary item that has the stats I want without an unique passive... I'm not sure if this means I am willing to compromise or I am desperate.

Unholyrath

05-24-2012

Karthus' best build is 5x Archangel's Staves + Deathcap.

He has poor itemization too.

KSHarrison

05-24-2012

Quote:
So tantalizing! If you give me a hint, I'll give you a hint to who will win the superbowl next year.

Quintessence

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholyrath View Post
Karthus' best build is 5x Archangel's Staves + Deathcap.

He has poor itemization too.
by best i mean more "viable"

Quote:
very interesting, so you are working on giving it a passive that it only appeals to AD casters.

what have you guys tried so far if you don't mind me asking?

Qbr12

05-24-2012

Quote:
Just a bit of feedback for you, do the same thing you did with the new grail.

The new Grail turned out amazing. It appealed to it's niche champions and was as good a use for their gold as other items, while not appealing to champions who didn't fit the niche.

This was mainly due to the immense amount of mana it gave. Unless you really needed that mana, you wouldn't want a Grail; but if you did really need that mana the Grail was perfect because it supplied mana in addition to the AP that casters, by nature, need.

Something like this is exactly what we need. If an item gave spellvamp and AD, with the AD about the same as an IE, and the spellvamp being pretty costly too, only champions who really need both would get it, while champs that don't need the spellvamp (like ranged AD carries) would simply be paying more for an item with less utilizable stats. And while doing all of this, the item would still have good stats at a price that is worth using a slot for (as an AD caster).

123456 ... 10